UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: beejaywi1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12218  
Subject: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
I wanted to let everyone know that Boomer, my very very bestest good buddy, was released to scamper off and play with the other great ones a week ago Friday.

He was nearly sixteen years old, and had held his own until recently when he began to deteriorate quickly. In the end I held him as he crossed the bridge. I'll be getting his ashes back and a little pawprint. He'll be buried under a weeping cherry tree.

Boomer was a wonderful ambassador for his breed and for cats in general. He convinced quite a few cat-haters that they maybe had been mistaken.

His name, 'Boomer' came about from his resemblance to a nuclear attack submarine (a 'boomer') when he wanted to get under the covers. To carry the naval analogy a little farther, he had a lot in common with a U.S. Navy Fleet Master Chief during the long years that he was Alpha Cat and ran a tight ship.

He was my buddy, my teddy-bear, a crying rag and someone I could scoop up and dance ecstatically with.

He's curled up with Merlin, Morgan, Nutmeg, Vickie, Bart, Tiffany and all the others I've loved. It'll be a grand reunion when I struggle through the pearly gates.

Run free, Boo.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: StarWarriorRie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12206 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 9:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
{{{beejaywi1}}}

My heart hurts for you.

StarWarrior Rie

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12207 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 10:10 AM
Again, love and sympathy. I know you'll always miss him, no matter how many other cats you'll have.

Nancy

Author: greystarfish Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12208 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 10:36 AM
I am so sorry, for your loss.
Boomer is in Heaven, living with God, and your other pets.

Teresa

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12210 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 9:44 PM
Recommendations: 2
Having had to have 3 cats put down in the last year, I mourn with you.

Donna

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12212 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 5/16/2012 1:33 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{beejay}}}}}}}}}}}}}
with tears in my eyes.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement