UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: beejaywi1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12218  
Subject: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
I wanted to let everyone know that Boomer, my very very bestest good buddy, was released to scamper off and play with the other great ones a week ago Friday.

He was nearly sixteen years old, and had held his own until recently when he began to deteriorate quickly. In the end I held him as he crossed the bridge. I'll be getting his ashes back and a little pawprint. He'll be buried under a weeping cherry tree.

Boomer was a wonderful ambassador for his breed and for cats in general. He convinced quite a few cat-haters that they maybe had been mistaken.

His name, 'Boomer' came about from his resemblance to a nuclear attack submarine (a 'boomer') when he wanted to get under the covers. To carry the naval analogy a little farther, he had a lot in common with a U.S. Navy Fleet Master Chief during the long years that he was Alpha Cat and ran a tight ship.

He was my buddy, my teddy-bear, a crying rag and someone I could scoop up and dance ecstatically with.

He's curled up with Merlin, Morgan, Nutmeg, Vickie, Bart, Tiffany and all the others I've loved. It'll be a grand reunion when I struggle through the pearly gates.

Run free, Boo.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: StarWarriorRie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12206 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 9:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
{{{beejaywi1}}}

My heart hurts for you.

StarWarrior Rie

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12207 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 10:10 AM
Again, love and sympathy. I know you'll always miss him, no matter how many other cats you'll have.

Nancy

Author: greystarfish Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12208 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 10:36 AM
I am so sorry, for your loss.
Boomer is in Heaven, living with God, and your other pets.

Teresa

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12210 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 3/18/2012 9:44 PM
Recommendations: 2
Having had to have 3 cats put down in the last year, I mourn with you.

Donna

Author: lovingrose Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12212 of 12218
Subject: Re: Boomer 5/24/96 - 3/9/12 Date: 5/16/2012 1:33 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{beejay}}}}}}}}}}}}}
with tears in my eyes.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement