No. of Recommendations: 12
I wanted to let everyone know that Boomer, my very very bestest good buddy, was released to scamper off and play with the other great ones a week ago Friday.

He was nearly sixteen years old, and had held his own until recently when he began to deteriorate quickly. In the end I held him as he crossed the bridge. I'll be getting his ashes back and a little pawprint. He'll be buried under a weeping cherry tree.

Boomer was a wonderful ambassador for his breed and for cats in general. He convinced quite a few cat-haters that they maybe had been mistaken.

His name, 'Boomer' came about from his resemblance to a nuclear attack submarine (a 'boomer') when he wanted to get under the covers. To carry the naval analogy a little farther, he had a lot in common with a U.S. Navy Fleet Master Chief during the long years that he was Alpha Cat and ran a tight ship.

He was my buddy, my teddy-bear, a crying rag and someone I could scoop up and dance ecstatically with.

He's curled up with Merlin, Morgan, Nutmeg, Vickie, Bart, Tiffany and all the others I've loved. It'll be a grand reunion when I struggle through the pearly gates.

Run free, Boo.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
{{{beejaywi1}}}

My heart hurts for you.

StarWarrior Rie
Again, love and sympathy. I know you'll always miss him, no matter how many other cats you'll have.

Nancy
I am so sorry, for your loss.
Boomer is in Heaven, living with God, and your other pets.

Teresa
No. of Recommendations: 2
Having had to have 3 cats put down in the last year, I mourn with you.

Donna
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{beejay}}}}}}}}}}}}}
with tears in my eyes.
Advertisement