UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134962  
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 10:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Boosh was one of the humblest, most self-deprecating Presidents in my life time.

We're talking about "the deciderer" and the "war president" right? I'd say his administration was characterized more by hubris than humility.

Zero is one of the most arrogant men I have ever seen.

I think there's an underlying reason for that perception that has more to do with your biases than with his actions. Behaviors that are otherwise unremarkable, if not expected of a president, for some reason chafe when it's Obama.

Your near constant use of the epithet without a scintilla of evidence is sickening.

Methinks though protesteth too loudly. First, I rarely call remarks racist, not "constantly," and only those that hit racist notes. For example, and second, saying a black president "doesn't know his place" for acting like pretty much every other president smacks of racism. It's a "nice" way of calling him "uppity." And third, I completely understand why being called on this makes people queasy... and angry.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement