UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308858  
Subject: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I think the bank got me. Only 25 dollars this time they are trying to steal off me which is a nice switch from them trying to steal 30 dollars off me the week before. I remember trying to stuff a bunch of money into the bank of Satan account via the ATM and the deposit envelope would not move.

I got up to the grocery store, and cashed in a wad of dollar bills, carefully counted them out, put them in a new MAC envelope that was not chewed up, and made my 125 dollar deposit to BOS. I am fairly sure I remember putting in 125 dollars and as hard as I work for money, you know I count money more than once before it leaves my hot hands. Thursday before work I went to the branch in person and put in 100 dollars. Tenant is smoking crack this month, I guess, so he didn't put his mortgage in the bank. That's nothing new.. I am the least of his worries. For now.

Today I get home from work and look at the BOS web page and BOS can't find 25 dollars of it. Deposit Discrepancy! I am on the phone like a rabid dog in search of H20. Now I have hundreds of dollars here, but I think I will wait till Tuesday and go in person to the branch.

Oh that bank! And you KNOW the roomie JUST warned me.. "Don't put cash in the ATM!"

Agh!

Otherwise, it was a nice profitable day at work. Friday, Saturday, Sunday was all good money. Tomorrow I work by myself again. More good money. Good thing. BOS may steal some more.

Now what is my recourse?

wild :)
annoyed just slightly.BOS will not take away my nice day.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110258 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 4:33 PM
Recommendations: 4
Wild,

Please tell me you didn't put cash in a MAC machine. That's as big a No-No as telling Providian they have free access to your checking account.

Wolfshead

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110261 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 5:06 PM
Recommendations: 1
Wolfie..

I should hunt you down and beat you soundly for that comment. Lucky for you, I am awful busy, and the Wild mobile is only going the 2.2 miles to work then back and no side trips.

I had I believe without digging into the Rubbermaid container of Wild papers, 15 MAC transactions last month. If it wasn't 15 cash via MAC it was d@mned close to that number.

Actually, it's odd I have a bunch of money here. Usually, I unload it right away into the ATM. I don't have any bills of merit toward the end and the beginning of the month, though.

Is this not good?

may go dig out the paperwork on her forays to ATM's.

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110262 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 5:11 PM
One credit from a return. I found the bank papers!

One mortgage payment from tenant.

One teller transaction.

AND

14 Cash ATM transactions. Now that is only one month.

sees Wolfie passing out.

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110264 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 5:24 PM
Recommendations: 6
Wild

putting money in the savings is very good. Doing it via cash in the MAC isn't so hot. Mainly because you have no proof of what you put in there and tho 99 and 44/100% of the people are usually honest there is always that 56/110%. Sorry just a cynical old soul here but it only takes one time.

Wolfshead

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110265 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 5:25 PM
PS

Beat me, beat me. Use me, abuse me and toss me aside <G>

Wolfshead

Author: eachna Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110273 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 7:17 PM
Wildgirl...

I frequently use my Credit Union's ATM to deposit cash (not as frequently as you, but, more than most people).

I have never had a problem that was not resolved in my favor. In fact, the only *real* ATM-related problem I had was letting cash I was withdrawing sit in the slot too long, and the machine swallowed it back up. When I withdrew it again (and took it out of the slot the second time), the system docked my account twice.

Since ATMs read and record if cash comes back, and for what transaction, I was able to get it resolved within a few days. The only annoying thing on my part was that I had to fill out an actual form, I couldn't just call and complain. <heh>

Gwen

Author: Wildgirl2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110286 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 8:39 PM
I am a wild one 2..BOS da bomb da bomb.

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110292 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 9:16 PM
Why look who is here. And a new name to boot! Now do you have any lucid comments to regale us with? Ish hun, this is last week's nightmare queen, remember?

hmmm..aroma of troll wafting in air.

Author: IndexingInvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110296 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/3/2002 9:52 PM
Recommendations: 3
D@mn, now what is she doing?. I totally disassociate myself from this.

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110309 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 12:16 AM
Recommendations: 0

Beat me, beat me. Use me, abuse me and toss me aside <G>

Gosh, you know, it really is too bad you're on the other side of the country!

Ishtar

Author: NaggingFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110316 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 1:37 AM
Doing it via cash in the MAC isn't so hot. Mainly because you have no proof of what you put in there and tho 99 and 44/100% of the people are usually honest there is always that 56/100%.

If depositing cash in the ATM makes you nervous you can check with your bank. All of the banks that I know have two bonded employees open the envelopes, and all of the current and former bank employees I've heard on this topic say it wouldn't be worth the risk to them to pilfer from the deposits.

-Megan

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110330 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 9:26 AM
So MAYBE when I cashed the money in I did keep 25 dollars out to do the Wild food shopping. BOS is sending me a paper detailing my error. There will be some heavy reading, yes? We will see.

Unabated, the houseguy took me to the store last night and I used the ATM and deposited a few hundred dollars. I sealed the envelope up with two big pieces of tape and put ALL the info on the envelope.

Now off to work, which I am dreading. I am going to beat up someone other than Wolfie or the poor suffering customers. Details later.

mystery on Monday.

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110334 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 9:42 AM
Recommendations: 5
Actually my cynical self used theft as an example but I still wouldn't put cash in a MAC machine just because there is no record of what you put in. As Wild stated her deposit came up $5 short. Possibly an honest mistake but did she make it or the bank? Also who knows what may happen to the envelope. It could vanish like a sock in a washing machine. Might rip open and the money scatters. Who knows. I just like to have a good record that can back me up in case of problems.

Wolfshead

Author: Catleen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110363 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 11:21 AM
Now Wild:

Wolfie doesn't seem to mind people beating up on him.

Catleen

Author: Mangard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110368 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 11:34 AM
Wild,

Why don't you keep those cheesy receipts that the ATM machine gives you in your handbag ( which shows the deposit amount) and wave them in the face of yor clerk when you go in there and try to "proe" their error. You know, the ones that everyone else throws on the floor.

Mangard

Author: frissy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110375 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 11:58 AM
If depositing cash in the ATM makes you nervous you can check with your bank. All of the banks that I know have two bonded employees open the envelopes, and all of the current and former bank employees I've heard on this topic say it wouldn't be worth the risk to them to pilfer from the deposits.

Not the BankOne that frissy worked at.

I was on the job 2 days and the senior teller threw a stack of about 50 ATM envelopes at me and expected me to open them, account for the monies, AND still be all helpful and smiling to all the customers who were streaming up to my window.

Then they fired me because I couldn't do 3 things at the VERY same time!!!! (Or maybe because I was the only white person in the branch, I dunno....)

frissy
maybe they just didn't like redheads....

Author: Stockbuyer2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110377 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 12:00 PM
"Why don't you keep those cheesy receipts that the ATM machine gives you in your handbag ( which shows the deposit amount) and wave them in the face of yor clerk when you go in there and try to "proe" their error. You know, the ones that everyone else throws on the floor."

Mangard

The receipts you get from depositing cash in an ATM are not considered proof by the banks.

Stockbuyer2

Author: Wolfshead56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110385 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 12:28 PM
Of course not. You could put in an empty envelope and key in that you are depositing $500 nd the receipt will just print what you keyed, not what was in the envelope. Which is why I don't put cash into an ATM.

Wolfshead

Author: IndexingInvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110389 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/4/2002 12:40 PM
DH & I were burnt pretty badly in late 2000 with TCF Bank. We deposited a $1800 paycheck into the ATM. TCF had this rule that any check over $1K could take up to 10 days to clear. Not only it did it freeze our checking account, it froze the linking savings account. We had to go to my parents and ask for $200 a week into this nightmare. As soon as the money was freed, we yanked all the money out, paid my parents back and closed the account. Never never again.

Author: IHateBill Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110574 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/5/2002 11:28 AM
Recommendations: 5
Was this BofA? They stole my money too. I deposited two checks and they "lost" one. I ended up having to pay 80 dollars in NSF fees because they wouldn't reverse the fees for THEIR error. LIke I was supposed to KNOW they would "LOSE" my check. Jerks.
I paid, closed the account & moved to another bank.

An employer I worked for also had money "lost" in their night deposit box. We know the deposit amount was correct because we both counted the $ & sealed the envelope.

My dad had an employer whose payroll account was at BofA. When my dad went to BofA to deposit his check, they wanted to put a hold on their own check.

I don't see how that bank has been in business for so long.
To me, BofA = BANK OF A??HOLES.

Author: Mangard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110660 of 308858
Subject: Re: BOS steals Wild money! Date: 2/5/2002 3:12 PM
I stand corrected.

Mangard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement