UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rthedges Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3880  
Subject: Boston Market - worst investment ever Date: 8/21/2012 1:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In about 1999 my family went through a kick of eating out frequently at Boston Market - I was digging the place - best chicken tortilla soup in the world (which by the way is still true), great kid's meals, and just an all around great place to eat. Maybe it didn't occur to me at the time the main reason we liked it was that my wife is an introvert and there were never any other customers for us to worry about. Nonetheless I thought to myself, how could anything ever go wrong with a friendly little restaurant chain that served good old American food ... Wrong! I think I bought 100 shares at about $13 per share as one of my first ever stock investments - venturing out from my mutual funds. I road the stock all the way to absolute zero when McDonald's finally assumed ownership and former stockholders received zip. That was a hard lesson indeed. The food just doesn't taste as good there any more ... Not to me anyway ... But if you have never had their chicken tortilla soup, you need to check it out ;-)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 4thebird Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3572 of 3880
Subject: Re: Boston Market - worst investment ever Date: 8/23/2012 11:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I quit going there the day some woman put her child on the table next to us and changed a dirty dipper. the employees all ran to the back. we got up and never returned.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement