Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: scamp One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 466  
Subject: Bought it Date: 7/5/1997 11:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I bought into this company a couple of weeks ago. Like BeauJester, it caught my eye in IBD. The only negative I could see with them was that sales and earnings growth were not at 25% as recommended in MFIG (Sales: 11%; Earnings: 6.8%). Everything else looked very good with 11% profit margin, 45% insider investment, and positive cash flow. Their Fool Ratio is .42, and at least one broker recommends it as a strong buy (Zacks, 7/4/97).

As an investor, I intend to keep up on news and EPS, and will post anything of note to this board.

scamp
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mr9ball Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 466
Subject: Re: Bought it Date: 7/8/1997 12:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I bought it too. The sales and earning were up 40%+ vs same quarter last year. The PEG had dropped a little bit because I had to pay more than Scamp did a couple of weeks ago.

The company seems to be a classic from the Fool perspective, but I'm still a bit new at this. Within minutes of my purchase, the price dropped. This is known as the mr9ball effect.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement