UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: seldom958 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1081  
Subject: Bought more Date: 10/22/2012 4:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On October 19, last Friday, I did buy more. Bought some at $2.12 and then "after hours" got more at $2.22 because of the talk about a possible buy out.

Well, just a few minutes ago it was trading at $3.11.

That's a 47%gain and a 40% gain in ONE TRADING DAY!!!

Why, oh why didn't I buy more?

Question now is should I sell or hang on for more gain?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFGebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 817 of 1081
Subject: Re: Bought more Date: 10/22/2012 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
That's a 47%gain and a 40% gain in ONE TRADING DAY!!!

Hi seldom958,

While I'm glad that you were able to time perfectly the jump in Supervalu's shares, the risk now is that the buyout deal will collapse. Plus, the risk when you bought the shares last Friday was that it wouldn't happen at all.

Why, oh why didn't I buy more?

Pure hindsight. Ignore the feeling. If the opposite happened (no buyout, company goes bankrupt, shares worth $0.0001), you would be asking, "Why, oh why did I buy so much?"

Cheers,
Jim

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 818 of 1081
Subject: Re: Bought more Date: 10/22/2012 6:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
Reminds me of one of the items listed in Morgan Housel's recent article;

15 Biases That Make You a Bad Investor
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/10/18/15-biases-t...

Hindsight bias
Out of literally millions, only a handful of investors truly saw the financial crisis coming.

If you disagree with that statement and respond, "No, any idiot could have seen it coming from a mile away," you're suffering from hindsight bias. Only after the fact do all the puzzle pieces make sense. That's why bankruptcies outnumber billionaires.

Foolishly yours,
blesto

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement