UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: spookysquid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63152  
Subject: Bourne Legacy Date: 10/1/2012 12:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
And what a legacy it is! Most of post is spoilers, so skip to there if you want details. But, I'll summarize here: I was disappointed.

***SPOILERS***

First off, what a legacy. In the previous three movies, Bourne was looking for something worthwhile like the truth of who he is or coming to terms with and taking responsibility for what he had done. In this one, no such luck. The new guy just wants to get his fix. It's a junky with mad combat skillz. I kid you not. Who gives an eff about him or his need for those "10 extra IQ points" (which, btw, the military does not actually track and no recruiter has the ability to falsify).

Second, the big fight scene, never happened. "They" call in the baddest of the bad, no empathy or moral compass, just a badass killing machine. And how do the two superheroes duke it out? By riding around on motorcycles. Don't get me wrong, it was a great chase scene by most standards, but in the end, hardly an epic clash. Huge let down.

Third, the "they" is never really identified. I kinda got the sense that "they" were in DoD somewhere, but you can't really be sure. Who has a super secret program that's even wider in scope than CIA? I have lots of random thoughts on this one, but in the end, I liked knowing that the "they" that were tracking down bourne worked for CIA and I did not like not knowing who the "they" was in this one.

Last, the new guy (I don't even care what his name is I was so annoyed at this movie) doesn't even do anything for the first half of the movie. Part of the fun of the Bourne series has been watching bourne operate on a level within society and technology we are familiar with that none of us are capable of. This guy kinda did that but he was out vacationing in the arctic or something. It was pointless.

In short, go see something else and don't waste your good memories of the first three movies by watching this one.

-spookysquid
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Hollywood Stock Exchange Game
Trade those actors and movies on the HSX board.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement