UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (44) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: dsr10 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75616  
Subject: Re: Roth IRA acct and safekeeping fees Date: 10/1/2013 9:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Boy oh boy. This certainly is an onion with a ton of layers, though I expected that. So much food for thought, I can't even respond to all the things that have been posted yet.

But a good point was made about me possibly not understanding the fees involved with an account at Wells. I recently ran into that issue with them when I put some money into a checking acct so I could get a secured credit card (trying to repair some dings on my credit due to tough times a few years ago). It turned out that I had misunderstood some fees, even the bank manager admitted the wording was confusing.

I actually have at least $1000 to begin with, so maybe that changes things a bit. Perhaps I should think about beginning with that amount if it gives me better options and benefits. Main reason for saying $500 was, well, I'm nervous and that seemed less scary and fewer choices to have to think about.

The scenario I was thinking of today was something along the lines of Vanguard small cap ETF VB and the SCHX, roughly $500 in each.

Divendends was another thing I was completely confused about, just didn't know how they were best handled.

*sigh*

It may be to my advantage to keep plugging away at learning the best way to enter this whole thing. I was thinking I might be able to take advantage of the market reactions to our govt shutdown, but with the way the market went today it appears I may not get that chance....but who knows I suppose. Not that I am in a hurry to get in, but I'd like to enter a a good point.

Simulators are one thing, but I'm the type type that learns best when something is for real.

I'm going to cool my heels a bit and keep investigating. You all have been such great help! Gonna keep working on making a good decision.

Thanks all!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (44) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement