UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFGebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1045  
Subject: BPI hammered Date: 10/16/2012 8:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Bridgepoint Education's shares dropped 10% or so today as a result of an announcement the company made last night, that the DOJ had opened an investigation into the company's payment of admissions employees.

This isn't good news and makes the company's prospects bleaker, at least in the short term (piling on top of the accreditation headaches it's already suffering). I want to see what MDP is going to say about this and talk things over with Charly Travers here before deciding if I should hold on or cut my losses here. Even before the news, shares were down over 50% from my purchase price of a bit over $20.

When catalysts don't work, they really don't work. :-P

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 811 of 1045
Subject: Re: BPI hammered Date: 10/16/2012 9:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
When do you expect them to release their Q3 results?
Sometime in early November?

I don't own any BPI, but it seems to me if I did, I'd wait at least until I could read the next 10-Q

Looking forward to see how you and MDP decide on this.

blesto

Author: BlazerMania Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Ticker Guide CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 812 of 1045
Subject: Re: BPI hammered Date: 10/16/2012 9:52 PM
Hi Jim,

I'm sure you're aware of this, but Jim Gillies has some good insight into this company as well.

Fletch
Long BPI

Author: stillwater9999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 836 of 1045
Subject: Re: BPI hammered Date: 11/15/2012 9:58 PM
Did you see the post by Jim Gillies on this co. on the HG board?

sw

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement