No. of Recommendations: 0
Breakfast -

Applejack Coffee Shop on Broadway between 55th and 54th Street serves good solid breakfasts.

Country Grill - on the corner of 53rd and Eighth -- I think it's called -- does big old hearty breakfasts.

Big Apple Deli - on 6th Ave. btw 46th &47th St. For a cheap breakfast on the go while in the Times Sq., Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center area you can go here. There is no seating but the breakfast sandwiches and breakfasts are huge and cheap. It costs less than $3 for 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties and cheddar on a roll (don't ask me how I know this) which could really be enough food for two people to share. Get stuff to go and it shouldn't be too hard to find benches or steps to eat on. On the west side of 6th ave and 50th street there is outdoor seating or you could always walk to 5th ave. and sit on the steps of Saint Patrick's Cathedral.

Bagels – NY clearly has the best bagels in the world, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Apparently it has something to do with the water. However, there is much internal debate as to where to find the best of the best. Basically you can't go wrong:

The best bagels are on 23rd and 3rd Ave, SE corner (no name provided)

H&H Bagels – Broadway and 79th St. (this location you have to buy and apply cream cheese yourself- but worth it since the hot bagels are right out of the oven) OR 2nd Ave. btw 80th & 81 St. which has full service.

Ess-a-Bagel on the east side definitely has the best bagels on the planet. Especially if you order a side of whitefish or salmon salad to go on them. Heaven... http://www.ess-a-bagel.com/

If you don't specifically know what you're interested in, check out www.chowhound.com. They're your best bet for up to the minute info
Print the post Back To Top
Advertisement