UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757323  
Subject: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 8:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I gotta get going but wanted to report my breakfast because it sure would be a nice break from artie's NDE fetish and political fodder of the day....oh Ann Romney was here in town and I'm sorry I missed her.

Hot flax cereal with Eggbeaters pancakes

broccoli slaw, cherry tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms and 2 big cups of coffee to wash it down....

burp!

Time to get ready to take chemo dog to high tech vet..........yowwww!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647820 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 8:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
broccoli slaw, cherry tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms and 2 big cups of coffee to wash it down....

Mushroom, swiss and spinach omelet for me. Since I got my cholesterol under control and read that the yolks are pretty good for ya, I enjoy my omelets a lot more. Of course the yolks are supposedly better if not broken while cooking(some weird oxidation theory I read) but sometimes an omelet is so darn good! Though usually I do with soft boiled and a plain geek yogurt with fruit, flax and a little bran cereal and protein powder.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647826 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 9:37 AM
LD:Hot flax cereal with Eggbeaters pancakes

burp!"

---

tele breakfast

6 oz OJ and vitamin pill....

omelet - with one real egg, two egg beaters

with diced ham, one roma tomato, spinach leaves, two pinches of cheddar cheese...

with half apple

two cups Taster's Choice coffee

the laundry was in the machine doing it's thing...and read the WSJ end to end....

YUM!

Oh..and turned the heat off and will have the windows open....will be 870 soon topping out just above 80 today!...yeah!

t.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647834 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 10:02 AM
I usually don't eat when I first get up. Wait till about 10:30 am or so. I suppose my favorite breakfast is faux Pho which is Ramen noodles with lots of veggies in it.

Artie

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647838 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 10:15 AM
"tele breakfast: 6 oz OJ and vitamin pill.... omelet - with one real egg, two egg beaters with diced ham, one roma tomato, spinach leaves, two pinches of cheddar cheese...with half apple, two cups Taster's Choice coffee, the laundry was in the machine doing it's thing...and read the WSJ end to end....YUM! Oh..and turned the heat off and will have the windows open....will be 870 soon topping out just above 80 today!...yeah!"

The orange juice and omelet sounded pretty good. I think I'd like the omelet better though if it had real eggs in it and skip the egg beaters. I make egg sandwiches for breakfast some days. Quite often on Sunday mornings since I don't have as much time to piddle around as most other days.

You know what also makes a good breakfast? Toasted cheese sandwiches. Quick and easy.

It's turned off cool here. I walked a Netflix DVD out to the mailbox and it was cool enough that I wore a sweater. We've actually had our heat on because Bonnie has had a cough and I don't want her getting pneumonia. She is allergic to quite a few antibiotics. Her body has a conniption fit for some reason when she takes them.

Artie

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647843 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 10:48 AM
I had the heat on..it got down to 39 deg over the weekend....much colder than normal....but back to our low of 60, high of 80 for this time of year.

Window weather!.....(windows wide open)

I could 'order up' about 3 months of that type weather in the fall and 3 months in the spring.....

with 'winter' having low of no lower than 45, and highs of 65 or so and loads of sun.

And summer having days of only 95 deg or less, and lows in the low 70s at night...

...dream on...this is Dallas...... we had over 30 days of sizzling 100 deg temps with lows in the 80s at night...yuk......

But, with global climate change (chuckle chuckle) maybe we can shift the hot weather to Obama's homies in Chicago......and borrow their cooler summer weather? Same for MI.....

t.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647858 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 11:53 AM
Two sausages, I forget exactly what kind but they have pesto and sheep cheese in them, from Trader Joe's. One gram of carbs each. Washed down by a cup of Costco-purchased, Starbucks-roasted, whole-bean coffee ground fresh this morning. Yes, I regained the caffeine habit whilst in Europe. Since it no longer makes me cough, why the heck not?

--fleg

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647868 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 12:31 PM
I usually don't eat when I first get up. Wait till about 10:30 am or so.

I just got up and ate... at 10:30 or so.

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647894 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 2:22 PM
Since we are all sharing. ;)

1st thing in the morning at around 6am, I had a glass of Barley Grass juice.

Then I did an upper body workout with a bunch of pushups, pullups and various dumb-bell exercises to work out the shoulders, biceps and triceps.

Then for the post workout drink: 6 heaping table spoons of freshly ground flax seed mixed with water along with my vitamin supplements.

An hour later, I ate a banana and an orange.

decath

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647901 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 2:36 PM
"1st thing in the morning at around 6am, I had a glass of Barley Grass juice.

Then I did an upper body workout with a bunch of pushups, pullups and various dumb-bell exercises to work out the shoulders, biceps and triceps."

----

Today is laundry day ..and doing some extra loads...been 3 weeks....washed the blanket on the bed....been collecting dust off to the side for six months....so far five loads of laundry and one to go.

After all the sorting, hanging up shirts, etc....I've had enough exercise for the day.

Now waiting for the mailman..yesterday was a holiday so should be double mail and all the weekly mags.....

nice weather....70 outside..nice breeze.....windows open....heavy shorts and blue jeans drying outside in the breeze..not much sun yet...but should dry from the 15 -20 mph breeze......

then i'll sort all the socks...make the bed....and that will enough exercise for the day!

Maybe tomorrow I'll cut the back grass..and Thursday trim some of the bushes....

t.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647902 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 2:40 PM
Since we are all sharing. ;)

1st thing in the morning at around 6am, I had a glass of Barley Grass juice.

Then I did an upper body workout with a bunch of pushups, pullups and various dumb-bell exercises to work out the shoulders, biceps and triceps.

Then for the post workout drink: 6 heaping table spoons of freshly ground flax seed mixed with water along with my vitamin supplements.

An hour later, I ate a banana and an orange.

decath

>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm really salivating here decath over that fine breakfast of yours....

in between bites of my shrimp and salad right now. :)

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647910 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 2:52 PM
Since we are all sharing.

Today we decided on which insurance company to replace Farmers with. It'll be Amica, for an annual savings of over $1k on all our stuff. I don't know how Farmers keeps clients with those rates of theirs. I don't know how they kept us all these years. That goes in the idiot column.

The determining factor for Amica over AAA is that Amica's earthquake insurance has a 10% deductible compared to AAA's 15%. I figure the most likely need for homeowner's insurance we'll have is the Big One, and that extra 5% of deductible could end up being a nice chunk of hope and change.

Just found out that our friend the Dummy books author has shingles. He got the vaccine, so everyone's hoping for a light bout.

You guys post the same stuff an hour after somebody else does and I'm supposed to remember something from four months ago?

--fleg, working on Part II of the Trip Report

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647916 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 3:21 PM
"Since we are all sharing. ;) 1st thing in the morning at around 6am, I had a glass of Barley Grass juice. Then I did an upper body workout with a bunch of pushups, pullups and various dumb-bell exercises to work out the shoulders, biceps and triceps. Then for the post workout drink: 6 heaping table spoons of freshly ground flax seed mixed with water along with my vitamin supplements. An hour later, I ate a banana and an orange." - decath

-------------------------------

LOL! Router-rooter. You'll be feeling good. <snicker!>

Artie

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647932 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/9/2012 5:40 PM
LOL! Router-rooter. You'll be feeling good. <snicker!>

Artie

Just to show you how weird I am, here was lunch:

Raw salad mixed with spinach, cucumbers, sweet banana peppers (from my garden) and topped with cilantro for the seasoning.

1/2 a cup of raw sunflower seeds.

1 whole avocado.

I did not pack enough so I grabbed some trail mix in the lunch room. Still hungry. Can't wait until I get home tonight.

Not sure what dinner will be. Maybe a veggie burger since we only have an hour before we leave for my HS seniors VB game.

FYI. About my youngest daughter, the one you guys have seen a few pics of that we adopted. Her HS team is ranked 6th in state as of yesterday. She is the setter on the team. She is being considered for a setter spot on the Texas All-Star game for summer 2013. She is barely 5'6" but is incredibly athletic and quick. She's been told a number of times by opposing team coaches, referees and others she is the best HS setter they have ever seen.

decath

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648100 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/10/2012 1:30 PM
Went to meet my long time friend John for breakfast. He's as irascible as me....and dyed in the wool anti-Obama ......we had a good 2 hours enjoying lots of coffee and pancakes at the Old Pancake House .......

He's working on a project......that does work with the government....it's an amazing amount of red tape...and he has to hire folks to do all the work for the government people because, they are 'too busy' to fill in their own forms and approve them. He has to hire contractors to do the government job, so they can get paid for projects. Totally amazing. Your 'government' at work with totally inefficiency at work.

He's in the lighting business, and the Obama mandate for all agencies to 'save' 30% on their energy bills is doing great things for him. He's going to double business every year for the next five years selling stuff to the government so they can save energy. It will also pay back in less than 2 years, but they don't worry about that. They just worry about 'saving energy' regardless of the cost. And they are paying top dollar with all the red tape involved. And 'union' labor at totally ridiculous prices.....and 'union work rules' that send costs up by 500%.....

Your tax money at work.

In the private sector, you'd get it done for 1/10th the cost. But heck, he's busy taking in all those government dollars - paying for all the R&D and cost of setting up manufacturing within 2 years. Great deal if you can work it. And , at least his projects work, unlike Solyndra...

t.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648386 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/12/2012 12:15 AM

Salad for breakfast? I've never tried that. Sounds interesting.

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648387 of 757323
Subject: Re: breakfast! Date: 10/12/2012 12:17 AM
Recommendations: 3
Though usually I do with soft boiled and a plain geek yogurt

I myself prefer dork yogurt. Or nerd yogurt.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement