No. of Recommendations: 0
Brendan,

For starters you say:
So far only my bank balance is feeling the effects and health to a lesser extent.

You are not writing because of your bank balance, you are reaching out for help regarding drinking and in turn IS YOUR HEALTH!!

The big one though is YOU and you ONLY can acknowledge you have a probem.
It is the first step of 12.

You say you come from a long line of drinkers and this is sad however you must understand that you can't tell them what to do and must focus on what YOU must do.

Are you tired of falling Brendon? If so look at yourself, you are a good person and you get what you give so stand up and be counted. You deserve better than this!!!

Today is your lucky day Brendon, you have found this board.
Embrace it, share your story and get things off YOUR chest.
There are wonderful people here ready to reach out and help you into sobriety.
I know it's hard to have family sucking booze all the time but look after number one and thats you.

Come back and share and I also would love for you to listen to HELEN!!
She is an angel on this board...Don't just hear her words, listen to them. They are magic so sponge them in to make the magic work on you.

You are not alone :)

Kerri

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement