UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 749301  
Subject: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/22/2013 12:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
Senator Rand Paul asked if this Administration would carry out Drone strikes here in the U.S.A.

->Both<- refused to rule out Summary Drone Strike Executions here, on American Citizens, without any Judical process or concern for long proven Constitutional Legal requirements.

"...During the hearing, Mr. Brennan was asked whether the Obama administration asserts the authority to carry out such lethal drone strikes on U.S. territory.

In written responses filed with the committee later, Mr. Brennan said the administration "has not carried out" such strikes...

..."I do not find this response sufficient," Mr. Paul said in his letter to Mr. Brennan. "The question that I and many others have asked is not whether the Administration has or intends to carry out drone strikes inside the United States, but whether it believes it has the authority to do so. This is an important distinction."

Mr. Paul said President Obama also had "avoided [answering] this question."

"The evasive replies to this valid question from the Administration have only confused the issue further without getting us any closer to an actual answer," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/21/paul-halt-br...

http://paul.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=713

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Sen. Rand Paul today issued a third letter to John Brennan, President Obama's nominee for director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Sen. Paul's previous inquiries dispatched to Mr. Brennan (found HERE and HERE) have gone unanswered by Mr. Brennan and the Administration, and Sen. Paul has declared he will filibuster the nomination of Mr. Brennan until his concerns over the legality of using drone strikes inside the United States are answered.

In the letter, Sen. Paul states: "The question that I and many others have asked is not whether the Administration has or intends to carry out drone strikes inside the United States, but whether it believes it has the authority to do so. This is an important distinction that should not be ignored."
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672659 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/22/2013 1:33 PM
Recommendations: 3
Senator Rand Paul asked if this Administration would carry out Drone strikes here in the U.S.A.

->Both<- refused to rule out Summary Drone Strike Executions here, on American Citizens, without any Judical process or concern for long proven Constitutional Legal requirements.

"...During the hearing, Mr. Brennan was asked whether the Obama administration asserts the authority to carry out such lethal drone strikes on U.S. territory.

In written responses filed with the committee later, Mr. Brennan said the administration "has not carried out" such strikes...
--------------------------------------------------
I guess the answer is "Yes" then.

Imagine if it were a republican administration the non-stop outrage? It would be absolutely deafening.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 672785 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/23/2013 11:33 PM
Recommendations: 1
If Obummer carries out any drone strikes here in the USA, things will get very ugly very quickly in this country, because not only will he piss off a lot of Republicans, but he'll piss off plenty of Democrats also. Not that he gives a crap, since he's not running again, but a lot of people will start wondering who's next if he starts up with the drones here.

Author: spookysquid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673000 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/25/2013 4:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
Oh yay! It's fun with conspiracy theories time again!

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Sen. Rand Paul today issued a third letter to John Brennan, President Obama's nominee for director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Sen. Paul's previous inquiries dispatched to Mr. Brennan (found HERE and HERE) have gone unanswered by Mr. Brennan and the Administration, and Sen. Paul has declared he will filibuster the nomination of Mr. Brennan until his concerns over the legality of using drone strikes inside the United States are answered.

In the letter, Sen. Paul states: "The question that I and many others have asked is not whether the Administration has or intends to carry out drone strikes inside the United States, but whether it believes it has the authority to do so. This is an important distinction that should not be ignored."

For those playing at home who don't get why this post is making me laugh, it isn't Brennan's place to answer for the administration until he's actually got the job. Until then, he's only able to answer the facts of what have transpired, to the best of his knowledge (which, btw, is exactly what he's doing). And he can't officially get the job, until Sen Paul and crew stop threatening to filibuster.

Sen Paul is mad because a nominee won't go on the record as if he were speaking on behalf of the administration while simultaneously interrupting the process that would make him exactly that? Sen Paul isn't too bright is he?

-spookysquid

Author: bighairymike Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673195 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 4:32 PM
Recommendations: 18
For those playing at home who don't get why this post is making me laugh, it isn't Brennan's place to answer for the administration until he's actually got the job. Until then, he's only able to answer the facts of what have transpired, to the best of his knowledge (which, btw, is exactly what he's doing). And he can't officially get the job, until Sen Paul and crew stop threatening to filibuster.

Sen Paul is mad because a nominee won't go on the record as if he were speaking on behalf of the administration while simultaneously interrupting the process that would make him exactly that? Sen Paul isn't too bright is he?

-spookysquid

------------

Oh I get it now. First we must confirm the nominee before we can find out what's in him. This sounds familiar for some reason.

Author: spookysquid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673205 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 6:35 PM

Oh I get it now. First we must confirm the nominee before we can find out what's in him. This sounds familiar for some reason.

I'll rephrase in a vain attempt to get through.

Brennan CAN NOT state what the Obama administration's policy is because he isn't a representative of that administration yet. He can ONLY state what has transpired to date, to the best of his knowledge. So any idiot that asks him what the admin's position is on ANY topic is, well, an idiot for asking the wrong person. The right person to ask that question to is anyone currently employed by the administration and is both knowledgable on the topic at hand and authorized or designated by the admin as a spokesman on that topic.

Since they are blocking Brennan from becoming an official representative, they are essentially blocking him from answering the question.

And BTW, the above is true regardless of party or administration.

-spookysquid

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673209 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 6:58 PM
Brennan CAN NOT state what the Obama administration's policy is because he isn't a representative of that administration yet. He can ONLY state what has transpired to date, to the best of his knowledge. So any idiot that asks him what the admin's position is on ANY topic is, well, an idiot for asking the wrong person. The right person to ask that question to is anyone currently employed by the administration and is both knowledgable on the topic at hand and authorized or designated by the admin as a spokesman on that topic.

Sounds like the theme of Joseph Heller's "Catch 22." How convenient.

Author: spookysquid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673210 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 7:04 PM
Sounds like the theme of Joseph Heller's "Catch 22." How convenient.

Are you kidding me with this? You really don't get why Brennan has said what he has said, why it is correct for him to respond that way, and what it means about the idiot senator who asked HIM the question in the first place?

-spookysquid

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673211 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 7:22 PM
Recommendations: 17
You really don't get why Brennan has said what he has said, why it is correct for him to respond that way, and what it means about the idiot senator who asked HIM the question in the first place?

I get that libruls will always...always...ALWAYS figure out a way to be less than upfront and transparent--especially the Owebama Administration, which seems to specialize in non-transparency.

Author: spookysquid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673212 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 8:38 PM
I get that libruls will always...always...ALWAYS figure out a way to be less than upfront and transparent--especially the Owebama Administration, which seems to specialize in non-transparency.

Thank you for personifying my point.

-spookysquid

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673213 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/26/2013 8:56 PM
Thank you for personifying my point.

You're welcome.

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 673236 of 749301
Subject: Re: Brennan/Obama Drone Strike in USA Date: 2/27/2013 11:20 AM

Like how you have to pass Obamacare in order to find out what is in it?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement