UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736643  
Subject: Brent Bozell is digging in his heels Date: 11/30/2012 2:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bozell-gop-raise-taxes-and-c...

(CNSNews.com) – Conservative leader L. Brent Bozell III sent a letter to the Republican National Committee (RNC) this week stating that if Republicans in Congress agree to raise taxes as part of a deal to avert the “fiscal cliff,” he will make it his mission to ensure that conservatives close their checkbooks to the GOP or to any member of Congress who backs a tax increase.

“[I]f Republicans break their promise to the American people and vote for tax increases, the only thing going off the cliff will be the Grand Old Party itself,” said Bozell in his letter to RNC Chairman Reince Preibus. “[I]t pains me to say this, but if the Republican Party breaks its word to the American people and goes along with President Obama with tax increases, it will have betrayed conservatives for the final time.”

“I will make it my mission to ensure that every conservative donor to the Republican Party that I have worked with for the last three decades -- and there are many and they have given tens of millions to Republican causes -- gives not one penny more to the Republican Party or any Member of Congress that votes for tax increases,” said Bozell, who is chairman of ForAmerica, a grassroots conservative group committed to traditional American principles.

Good for him. This is going to be nasty. If you made $ this year in the stock market, it might be wise to take some profits and sit out for awhile.

decath
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657521 of 736643
Subject: Re: Brent Bozell is digging in his heels Date: 11/30/2012 2:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
I (heart) Brent Bozell

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657528 of 736643
Subject: Re: Brent Bozell is digging in his heels Date: 11/30/2012 2:43 PM
Recommendations: 0
wolverine wrote: I (heart) Brent Bozell

I'm don't live in his district, but I think I will still send him a love letter.

Author: ascenzm Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657544 of 736643
Subject: Re: Brent Bozell is digging in his heels Date: 11/30/2012 2:56 PM
Recommendations: 13
"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has said, “Everyone ought to pay their fair share. Part of paying their fair share is simply suggesting that the highest income Americans, those making over $250,000, the top 2%, including millionaires and billionaires, can afford to, and should, pay income taxes at the marginal rate that was in place in the 1990s when we had one of the strongest economies in American history and when we created 24 million jobs.”

It is estimated that if the tax rate was raised for those making $250,000 or more per year, it would generate about $90 billion in federal tax revenue. The federal government spends about $9.5 billion per day, which means that extra tax revenue would cover federal spending for a little over 9 days."

It's not about raising funds. It's about punishing the successful who are not dependent upon government.

I'd love for the Dems to tell us what top marginal tax rate is a fair and proper tax rate. 40%, 50%, 50%, 90%?

Who is John Galt?

Mike

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657659 of 736643
Subject: Re: Brent Bozell is digging in his heels Date: 12/1/2012 11:20 AM
Recommendations: 5
It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered.
Aeschylus

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement