No. of Recommendations: 0
brewer12345, you asked:

<< Maybe I am missing something here, but I was under the impression that you needed a custodian to hold the assets for you in the form of a solo 401k account, no? Last time I asked Schwab, for example, I was told that they do not offer such services. It isn't the administration you'd be getting from Fidelity, it is the asset-holding services, at least as far as I understand it. >>

OK, I see what you're asking here. Like with IRA's and other plans, an organization does have to have a plan to handle the accounting and paperwork for such a plan. But this doesn't necessarily mean there's any real “administration” of the plan going on like you might see in other qualified plans. And not every investment provider provides these or the same things. So, to get what one might really want, using a some pension administrator might be a good place to go as some administrators don't charge much for these.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.