Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RussellMoss Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8952  
Subject: Re: A Great Golf Day...except for one hole !!! Date: 5/11/2000 3:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Brian said:
Now here comes the not-fun part of the program. I am playing with some guys for fun, so we are pretty relaxed about hardcore enforcement of rules. The first one is that everyone gets a mulligan per nine. So, I line up my tee shot, which is a 3 wood and should make it beyond the pond, but I am aimed left so I should still catch the fairway if it does not. Then I hit a wonderful fade that drops into the leftmost corner of the pond. So, at this point, I take my mulligan, which I promptly draw into the tree on the left side of the opening off the tee. The ball bounces off the tree into a creek. So, I drop back on the bank of the creek and I am laying 2 about 50 yards off the tee. I hit a 3 wood and it hits the only branch of the tree that is hanging down in front of me and knocks the ball down and off to the left in heavy rough. So, now I am laying 3 in heavy rough about 460-470 yards out shooting for birdie. :-) My 4th shot is another fade into the left edge of the pond. So I retrieve it and drop it back on the line that it entered for 5, the 6th shot is a hook into the woods on the left. I find it and drop it back on the line of the shot for 7, then hit a decent shot to the green for 8 which doesn't hold and rolls off the back. A weak chip for 9 and 2 putts to finally end the misery for a nifty 11 on a par 5… ARRRRGGGHHHH !!!

Because I'm anal, your real score was at least 14. Not counting that you can't find a ball in OB and drop it back in line. The only factor in your favor was that you should have walked up and dropped the first one by the lake. Of course, had you been playing by the rules you probably would have done much better than an 11.

That'll teach you :-)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement