Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
It's Take Your Spawn to Work Day.

overspent
Print the post Back To Top
>> It's Take Your Spawn to Work Day. <<

Sounds more like "Take a Mental Health Day" or "Pretend to be Sick Day" to me.

No. of Recommendations: 5
It's Take Your Spawn to Work Day.

overspent
================================================================

In order to do a solid to my selfish childfree co-workers,
I lie to my offspring and tell them they don't have that
"Take your kid to work" thing at the old Insurance Concern

Joelsenior, courteous breeder
No. of Recommendations: 1
Sounds more like "Take a Mental Health Day" or "Pretend to be Sick Day" to me.

Or maybe "Calling in Well Day" -- where do you feel sick? At work.

~~ Alison
We don't participate in that one but a few months back we did have a bring your pet to work day. Now THAT was fun! Smart company huh?

Woof
No. of Recommendations: 0
St. John's Wort, anyone? I think I might also have some leftover Xanax for the highest bidder.... ;)
I remember once reminding a parent that it was Bring Your Brat day when he asked why there were so many kids around. He took my reference to 'brat' quite personally, even though I had never met his.

When it comes to the traquilizer gun, though, I think I would prefer self-medicating. ;-)

1HF
No. of Recommendations: 5
We had a bring your pet to work day once. NOT fun, if you don't happen to like dogs or cats or what have you, or if you are allergic to any of the above.

ggg
(Thinking pet owners, like some parents, figure everyone must think their little fuzzy is just the cutest thing ever.)
Actually they were kept in what we call the courtyard which is a huge indoor area for meetings and celebrations. They were required to keep them in their carriers and then at 10am you could bring them around for the 30 minute break and at lunch there's a huge yard that we use to test dirt bikes on so they all went out there to play and then they could come out again at 3pm break. 90% of the animals were dogs as those are the easiest. I left my neurotic cats at home. One guy brought a large boa....freaked out one chihuahua owner..."Pepper" could have been lunch!
Thinking pet owners, like some parents, figure everyone must think their little fuzzy is just the cutest thing ever.

Well, all I know is that my cats are the cutest things on earth. Ever. :)

E
We don't participate in that one but a few months back we did have a bring your pet to work day. Now THAT was fun! Smart company huh?

Woof

Now that's a company I could work for. ^_~

overspent
...parent to two onery kitties...
OCD: ornery

overspent (sheepish)
No. of Recommendations: 11
We had a bring your pet to work day once. NOT fun, if you don't happen to like dogs or cats or what have you, or if you are allergic to any of the above.

Oh, but you haven't met MY dog. You would feel differently about dogs if you met MY dog. She isn't anything like all the other dogs you see out there.

Oh, but you haven't met MY dog. You would feel differently about dogs if you met MY dog. She isn't anything like all the other dogs you see out there.

She's hairless?
No. of Recommendations: 4
Actually they were kept in what we call the courtyard which is a huge indoor area for meetings and celebrations.

We had no such luck. A big retriever named "Loobie" kept invading my cube, sniffing around and slobering on things while I was trying to put in a normal day's work.

The more I think about it, the more I think pet owners are a lot like parents. Some pet owners I've met will allow their dogs to jump on you or what have you, then casually (as in not very quickly) pull the dog away and scold her with a smile that says, "Well, she may be a little naughty...But isn't she just the cutest, friendliest thing!"

Responsible pet owners (dog owners in particular, I guess) should have their pet trained to behave properly. Just like responsible parents should train up well-behaved children. I don't want a dog jumping on me any more than I want someone's kid throwing food at the dinner table, or what have you.
Thinking pet owners, like some parents, figure everyone must think their little fuzzy is just the cutest thing ever.

But they are. :-)

Donna

Mine is not super-cute but you will want to steal him.

jk
Advertisement