UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FlippoHip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 884488  
Subject: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/1/2012 4:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am not above bringing my own snacks to the movie. In fact, when just my daughter and I go, I'll put a couple of bottles of soda in my purse and we just split a small popcorn.

When I go with my boyfriend, I know he likes the boxes of candy, and I'll stop at Walgreens and grab him one for $1, instead of the $3.50 they charge at the consession stand. We still buy drinks and popcorn there, but only because that's as far as he's willing to go.

I don't think it's a big deal, but some people (like my boyfriend) don't like doing it. I figure we are already paying $10 a ticket, so they are making plenty off us already.

I can't be the only one who sneaks in snacks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867660 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/1/2012 4:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't think it's a big deal, but some people (like my boyfriend) don't like doing it. I figure we are already paying $10 a ticket, so they are making plenty off us already.

Depends on who. The movie companies take most if not all of the first few weeks of ticket prices, and a lower percentage later. The problem is that many movies are not lasting long enough to reach the point of decreasing fees.

I can't be the only one who sneaks in snacks.

No, you aren't.

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867661 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/1/2012 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 4
Most of the ticket price goes back to the movie company, not the local theater. They make most of their money on concessions.

I have been to theaters that allow outside food (mainly from other businesses in the complex) or if it's something they don't sell (like carrot sticks). Unless they have a clear sign at the door "no outside food or drink" I don't think you are doing anything unethical. Otherwise I look at it a bit like if you showed up to a restaurant with your own sodas "well you're making enough off my entree".

Lara Amber

Author: chestersakl Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867662 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/1/2012 6:23 PM
As those above have said - a large portion of the ticket money goes to the movie companies not the theater operators. So the concessions are where they make most of their money.

That being said, I usually do bring my own candy/snacks. But I usually do buy a drink there though to "keep them happy" and to throw a little bit of $$ their way (plus you get less attention from those "food-police" type employees if you have one of their drink cups in your hand).

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867664 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 7:49 AM
Recommendations: 17
I didn't do it because it would have been telling my kids that it's okay to do some things that aren't right.

Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867666 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 8:17 AM
I grew up with my grandmother buying a six pack of candy bars and sneaking them into the movie theater, so it's kind of an old habit. That said, I don't usually actually do it, because it's two hours and I don't really need a snack in two hours.

I can see where some people might have an ethical problem with it, but I see it like bringing your own food to the airport. It just makes sense, but most people won't for conveniences sakes.

I used to buy the nachos for a treat when they were actually good but now most of them are prepackaged, stale, stingy with the cheese...for 5 or 6 bucks that's not worth it. The only thing I ever buy at the movie's is the occasional icee.

Author: billbob1 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867669 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 9:26 AM
I used to buy the nachos for a treat when they were actually good but now most of them are prepackaged, stale, stingy with the cheese...for 5 or 6 bucks that's not worth it. The only thing I ever buy at the movie's is the occasional icee.

I don't even go to the movies anymore.

*bill

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867670 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 9:58 AM
Recommendations: 4

I can see where some people might have an ethical problem with it, but I see it like bringing your own food to the airport.

Except no one's "sneaking" food into an airport. It's the sneaking/concealing factor that tells society whether it's right or wrong.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867671 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 10:18 AM

Overall, food isn't that good and all is high salt and calories.

The last time I had nachos, the cheese didn't really seem like cheese. It is more of a cheese food product with extenders. The peppers are in the sauce, therefore; there is no way to get it without peppers.

(I have never understood the term cheese food. It sounds more like what cheese should be eating than an ingredient in food).

In general, I am finding movies less and less appealing. The seemingly endless advertisements before the movie and sound levels that are painful don't help.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867672 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 11:20 AM
Recommendations: 2
We go once a year, if that. The last time we went to the movies was actually over a year ago (September 5th, 2011). I only remember that because it was supposed to be the first night of lessons for our club, and they got cancelled because the caller was ill and his replacement was out of state, and since we already had the babysitter we just went to a movie.

Now as for what movie we saw? I have no freaking clue. Obviously it was not worth the $20 to get in.

Author: VUCommodore Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867673 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 11:26 AM
Recommendations: 70
You're not the only one who sneaks in snacks. You also wouldn't be the only one to buy admission to one movie but watch two, or to sneak booze into a sporting event, etc. That doesn't make those decisions ethical. When you buy a ticket to a move and enter the theatre, you're entering into an agreement with the theatre. The theatre provides you services such as seeing the movie, concessions, direction to the correct theatre, cleaning staff, free restrooms, etc. In exchange, you pay the agreed fee and you must live by their rules while you're in the theatre. Among many examples, you don't have the right to scream incessantly throughout the movie (usually), you can't take up other people's seats with your feet or elbows, you cannot intentionally pour "free refills" of soda on the carpet, and in most theatres you cannot bring outside food or drink into the building. By intentionally breaking the theater's rules, you are breaking the terms of your deal by deceiving them. If you didn't deceive them, they wouldn't let you access the theater. This is clearly unethical on your part, no matter how much money the movie theater makes (not as much as you think).

If you think movies are too expensive, your ethical alternative is to not pay for the overpriced service. Go to an independant filmhouse, see movies when they come out on DVD, or simply go to the movie without eating junk food during those particular two hours. You do not have the right to just unilaterally impose your own terms on the theater without their consent. That is no better than any other fraud.

Character is what you do when nobody is watching.

Author: Hardboiled Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867676 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 12:25 PM
Recommendations: 6
If the theater rules are such that they don't allow food or drink to be brought in, I follow the rules. I want my kids to follow the rules. And, I'm not willing to break rules to save a couple dollars. It seems to me like I'd be saying it's OK to be dishonest if you get paid enough.

But, I'm kind of an old poop about such things.

Gail

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867679 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 3:33 PM
No, but it's not the right thing to do.

The only way I could see doing it is if you had some kind of food allergy and couldn't eat anything they were selling. But for most of us, that isn't the case.

Author: jeffbrig Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867681 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 4:08 PM
DW and I go to the movies several times each year. And we typically get a drink and popcorn. But I have no guilt over carrying in a box of candy.

Heck, one time when we were seeing one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies with a group of friends we snuck in a 1.75L bottle of rum punch and cups. No, I'm not kidding...

Author: TchrP Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867682 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 4:25 PM
I didn't do it because it would have been telling my kids that it's okay to do some things that aren't right.

And it would be bad for their teeth.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867683 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 4:43 PM

Do you believe that breaking any rule is morally wrong then?

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867685 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 5:12 PM
Recommendations: 11
Do you believe that breaking any rule is morally wrong then?
Good god - how morally absolutist. A parent sets an example. Each parent sets the example that they want for their own kids.

It doesn't follow that because they feel this is wrong, and they think "smuggling" candy in sets a bad example for their kids that they would therefore never break a law no matter how evil. Sneaking candy into a movie theatre is just - well, sneaky - it doesn't rise to the level of challenging apartheid.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867686 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 6:19 PM
You're not the only one who sneaks in snacks. You also wouldn't be the only one to buy admission to one movie but watch two, or to sneak booze into a sporting event, etc. That doesn't make those decisions ethical.

apologies for butting in --

it's been so long.. do theaters somehow announce that bringing in your own snax is wrong? are there signs? fine print on the ticket? guards at the door searching you?

i'm sure they'd prefer we buy their high-profit snax ... but does that alone make it 'wrong'?

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867687 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 6:52 PM
it's been so long.. do theaters somehow announce that bringing in your own snax is wrong? are there signs? fine print on the ticket? guards at the door searching you?

i'm sure they'd prefer we buy their high-profit snax ... but does that alone make it 'wrong'?

Many now have posted notices stating no outside food or drink. The ticket takers will prevent any obvious food or drink to be brought in. I don't know of any search attempts.

It is a business that can set the rules for use of their facilities.

I have never quite understood why food is so associated with attending movies.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867688 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 8:48 PM
I agree with LaraAmber: Unless they have a clear sign at the door "no outside food or drink" I don't think you are doing anything unethical.

There are theaters in my area that are known for not prohibiting outside food and drink, so I frequent those theaters instead of those where one must sneak in food and drink, which I don't like to do. It's not like one doesn't have choices.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867690 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/2/2012 10:19 PM
do theaters somehow announce that bringing in your own snax is wrong? are there signs? fine print on the ticket? guards at the door searching you?

Yes, there are signs here. Also the theater once searched the purses and bags carried into the theater.

Author: agyjdgphil Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867693 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 1:16 AM
In the rare event that I do go to a movie, I go to a late morning show that extends through the lunch hour. Not being willing to eat the junk food offered at the concession stand, I bring a PB&J sandwich in my purse and sometimes bottled water. On occasion I've even brought milk. There's no way I think this is cheating, since it's this or go hungry, and that's never my intention in this or any other circumstance. I don't skip meals! :)

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867694 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 3:45 AM

Many now have posted notices stating no outside food or drink. The ticket takers will prevent any obvious food or drink to be brought in. I don't know of any search attempts.

It is a business that can set the rules for use of their facilities.

thanks ... I agree they should be able to set some rules

...is interesting the connection between food and
movies -- like sports events / not like theatre

Author: VUCommodore Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867696 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 8:47 AM
Recommendations: 5
"it's been so long.. do theaters somehow announce that bringing in your own snax is wrong? are there signs? fine print on the ticket? guards at the door searching you?"

Policy obviously varies by location, company, etc, but AMC, Regal, and Cinemark theaters explicitly ban outside food and drink.

If you do not know whether snacks are allowed at your local theater, prehaps consider asking somebody. If that is too much trouble, then just bring your snacks openly instead of concealing them.

In my experience, snack smugglers at movie theaters universally conceal their snacks (as in the above example of carrying soda in one's purse). I think the reason for this is abundantly clear.

Obviously they do not have "guards at the door searching you", so yes, it's easy to get away with violating their policy. But that has no bearing on whether it's ethical to do so. I think it's unethical to use stealth or deception to violate the terms of any transaction or agreement I've made with another person or, yes, even a corporation.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867697 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 9:10 AM
In the rare event that I do go to a movie, I go to a late morning show that extends through the lunch hour. Not being willing to eat the junk food offered at the concession stand, I bring a PB&J sandwich in my purse and sometimes bottled water. On occasion I've even brought milk. There's no way I think this is cheating, since it's this or go hungry, and that's never my intention in this or any other circumstance. I don't skip meals! :)

>>>>>>>>>>

The theatre has the right to set rules, so one makes the choice to be dishonest to break those rules when bringing in food.

THe other factor here is the fact that why people can't sit in their seats without looking at their cellphones, or eating or drinking for 2 hrs.? I can eat and drink before or after the show so I won't "starve" to death.

LD

Author: toberead Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867698 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 9:11 AM

Popcorn has been associated with the movies going back to the 1920's. It was cheap and it made people more likely to buy drinks.

I love movie theatre popcorn but for many years, movie theatres either refused to sell water or would only sell it in tiny cups, the size of a bathroom cup. I used to offer to buy a soda and ask them to give me the cup with nothing in it so I could fill it up in the bathroom, but most movie theaters refused. I find soda repulsive, so I used to bring water into the theater. I didn't find that unethical since the theatre refused to sell it and only offered a drink option that was unhealthy and nasty tasting. Now that most theatres sell water, I usually buy that instead.

Karen

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867700 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 10:07 AM

Most movie theaters still employ a live ticket-taker, who if you're attempting to bring in outside food/beverages will let you know they don't allow it (if they don't have signs posted).

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867703 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 10:29 AM
Character is what you do when nobody is watching.

Ooooooh, low blow.... but true.

Author: Jacketfan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867714 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 3:03 PM
I only remember that because it was supposed to be the first night of lessons for our club, and they got cancelled because the caller was ill and his replacement was out of state,

Square dancing? I was trying to figure out what club you might be referring to, and once I started I couldn't stop.

v/r
Tom

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867739 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/3/2012 8:53 PM
But that has no bearing on whether it's ethical to do so. I think it's unethical to use stealth or deception to violate the terms of any transaction or agreement I've made with another person or, yes, even a corporation.

i agree.

was just curious how explicit they are about the rule since i don't recall seeing the rule posted or such.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867745 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 7:38 AM
without reading the whole thread - I insert my anecdote-

I worked at a movie theater in high school (Mann Theaters, no idea if they still exist)
Shortly before i started working for theis chain, a man had gone to jail for trying to bring in his own popcorn (to another theater owned by the chain- University Blvd IIRC)
He insisted he had the right, the manager told him no, police were called, arrest was made, lawsuit was filed, theater chain lost.

As a result, anyone attending a movie at a Mann theater could bring in ANYTHING to eat or drink (barring alcohol*) - Big Macs, Corn dogs, ice cream (what a mess) - people used to get pizza delivered to midnight movies...

So, for some theaters, the *no outside food* may really be a strong suggestion, and not really a rule.

To FH (the OP) -
Usually the cost of the ticket covers the FILM ONLY. That money goes almost entirely to the Studio.
Concessions cover everything else - payroll, rent, utilities, etc...

peace & popcorn
t

*there is another story there, of course

Author: VUCommodore Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867748 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 8:27 AM
"was just curious how explicit they are about the rule since i don't recall seeing the rule posted or such. "

Understood -- unfortunately, communications with customers will vary from one chain to another, and from one local theater to another even within the same chain, so its impossible to answer your question.

Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867750 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 9:13 AM
As a result, anyone attending a movie at a Mann theater could bring in ANYTHING to eat or drink (barring alcohol*) - Big Macs, Corn dogs, ice cream (what a mess) - people used to get pizza delivered to midnight movies...

Ice Cream? Wow. Interesting story!

Author: RayKinsella Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867753 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 9:46 AM

Beer?
Ray

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867756 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 9:54 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------
Beer?
Ray

eom

peace & not exactly
t

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867759 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 10:18 AM
Years ago, an independent theater in our town sold hot apple cider in the winter; another had one theater set up as a lounge and you could take drinks and small plate snacks there from their cafe. Those were nice options.

As to the OP question, I wouldn't take candy or a soda in, but if I'd just opened a bottled water in the car, I can see taking it with me instead of leaving it to get hot and yukky. I go to the movies so seldom that I do like movie popcorn as a treat, even at the horrific prices. If I've missed a meal or something, I might bring in a cheese stick or something low-carb with some protein it.

I wouldn't be doing it to cheap out of buying their stuff, but if I felt like I needed to have an alternative that wasn't available, I'd do it and not fret about it.

Similar question: If you're at a restaurant and the water tastes "off" (not contaminated, just that icky, papery taste restaurant water sometimes has) are there any thoughts on using those Mio-type water flavorings? I usually have a glass of wine or beer when I go out, but I hate it when the water tastes icky, since I'm going to be drinking a fair amount of that, too. It's not like that's a substitute for buying another drink; it would be making something they're already offering more palatable to enhance my enjoyment of the meal.

cm

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867760 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 10:26 AM
If you're at a restaurant and the water tastes "off" (not contaminated, just that icky, papery taste restaurant water sometimes has)...

Er... I'd be more concerned about WHY the water tasted "off" and what was in it to make it taste that way.

Lately I've gone from soft drinks at restaurants to water and I've not experienced that problem ... yet.

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867761 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 10:58 AM
Some restaurant water tastes like it's picked up something from being kept in plastic or metal pitchers, or maybe from being on a city water supply. Maybe it's their ice machine. Or an odor left behind by their dishwashing soap or by the food around it, especially when plastic pitchers of water sit out at drink stations near the kitchen for a while.

It's not in all restaurants or all the time by any means, but if I had to eat out a lot (like traveling for a week or something) I'd probably be carrying around one of those flavor enhancers.

cm

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867763 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/4/2012 11:11 AM
Some restaurant water tastes like it's picked up something from being kept in plastic or metal pitchers, or maybe from being on a city water supply. Maybe it's their ice machine. Or an odor left behind by their dishwashing soap or by the food around it, especially when plastic pitchers of water sit out at drink stations near the kitchen for a while.

I agree with your explanations as to why the restaurant's water may taste bad, but I still don't think I'd drink it. I'd probably go back to a soft drink.

When I got out of the Army the first time I was honorably discharged in NYC and went into a greasy spoon restaurant nearby.

I watched as a counter waiter put a half full glass of water next to the sink behind the counter. The dishwasher filled it up and put it on the counter in front of me.

The owner/manager(?) came over, grabbed the glass and had some angry words with the dishwasher.

Desert (avoids greasy spoon restaurants now) Dave

Author: agyjdgphil Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867782 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/5/2012 12:33 AM
Almost everyone I know or see puts a little lemon in their restaurant water. Freshens it up quite a bit! Could that be a regional thing? I live in Austin....

Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867807 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/5/2012 1:15 PM
or maybe from being on a city water supply

I think it's this one. Some tap water just tastes better. Where I live, our water is good but sometimes traveling out of state it's not. I don't like the water in Dallas for instance. I'm guessing it has something to do with mineral content, but I'm not sure.

Author: reallyalldone Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867811 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/5/2012 3:17 PM
I don't like the water in Dallas for instance.

That's the only place I can recall that I just couldn't drink it and drank bottled water

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 867953 of 884488
Subject: Re: Bringing your own candy to theater Date: 10/8/2012 7:03 PM
yup. Wow, I didn't mean to be vague like that.

We're about to head out for this week's lesson, too. It's been a really fun way to spend a few evenings a month and meet new people. Sometimes you meet famous people.

Our caller met Brian Urlacher at a private party last month. (He plays for the Bears. I did not know this, and several people laughed at me, lol.) According to Bobby he is a really nice guy.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement