Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13

I was lucky enough to be talking to Chuck Huggins when Susie Buffett, and Later Warren Buffett came to Andy Kilpatrick's Party.

Susie edited the movie, her mother does the serious singing.
Only 2 new clips this year-
One a cartoon first showing WEB and CM as prehistoric comedians. Then WEB asks CM if he would like to help him build a pillar of strength, CM says he has nothing else to do, and then gathers all the rocks and build the pillar, WEB climb to the top and basks in the glory. Later the cartoon has a Survivor take-off WEB gets voted off the island for trying to buy everything, CM gets voted off for looking at everyone in a funny way (catarct glasses).

The other new clip was with Tiger woods obviously taken from when WEB caddied. Shows Tiger hitting shot and saying he preferred practice to playing when he was a kid. (A WEB theme of the value of loving what you need to do to succeed).
Then it shows Tiger doing his paddle ball on the clubface routine.
Web says he can do that , intermiitently [between the too numerous Coke ads, (at least the Jordan's furniture adds are funny)] the movie then shows WEB's multiple failed attempts until the end it shows just someone's legs (Tiger's) doing a very impressive harlem globtrotters dribble routine with ball and club why WEB's voice says, "See, I just needed to get warmed up"

WEB arrived at the party at after the ballgame at 10p looking for food, but the buffet table was bare. (note-I got the spelling right) I jumped on the opportunity to tell him there was still food at the other table (my 5 seconds of glory). Was able to get some good pix with him (still in the baseball uniform).
Overheard him say he had only got two hours sleep both Thur and Fri night (he meets with /hosts managers Thur). So he was answering questions on 2 hours sleep Sat.
Probably sees Flash bulbs when he closes his eyes.

Nice to know he cares enough about peoples meeting experiences to lose
sleep from social efforts--this same Man never has fear or loses sleep over our investments.

Many thanks to Andy Kilpatrick for putting on his reception.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement