Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ufool2000 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15587  
Subject: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/15/2001 7:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Which stock will perform better ? Berkshire Hathaway or Yahoo ? Take a look how it is so far.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=c&c=yhoo&k=c1&t=my&s=brka&a=v&p=s&l=on&z=m&q=l

long on yhoo.

-ufool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mcancel Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13780 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/15/2001 9:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That's great. Now compare earnings growth.

Author: koch Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13782 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/16/2001 1:16 AM
YHOO outperforming BRK from IPO? Sacriledge!

Author: skor Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13784 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/16/2001 11:05 AM
All that chart tells me is that the YHOO's volitility is way more significant than any difference in stock price.

Sean

Author: ufool2000 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13785 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/16/2001 1:10 PM
Also compare MSFT CSCO AMZN and EBAY with BRK

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=c&c=amzn%2Cebay+msft+csco&k=c1&t=my&s=brka&a=v&p=s&l=on&z=m&q=l

-ufool

Author: jat4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13786 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/16/2001 1:51 PM

Try comparing AMGN, MSFT, and CSCO, with BRK.A

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=c&c=msft%2Ccsco%2Camgn&k=c1&t=my&s=brka&a=v&p=s&l=on&z=m&q=l

Jat.

Author: edkohler Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13792 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/18/2001 6:28 PM
Hey ufool2000,
I'm a YHOO stock holder and a big fan of Yahoo, but I sincerly hope you're not using a comparison of Yahoo vs. BRK as justification for investing in YHOO. There simply is no comparison in there industries, business models, management styles, etc.
Yahoo should be judged against its pears and competitors or by itself.

Author: ufool2000 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13795 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/19/2001 11:52 AM
Recommendations: 2
There simply is no comparison in there industries, business models, management styles, etc.

Do these points really matter ? The objective is not to compare any of the attributes you mentioned but only the appreciation of the stock value.

The future of both companies is unknown. I believe BRK has a great track record so far but it is operating in unknown territory contrary to most of its cheerleaders.

YHOO has yet to prove itself but I believe it has great potential and is very well positioned to be a market leader over the next 5 - 10 - 20 years.

Time will tell. I pick YHOO today.

-ufool

Author: koch Three stars, 500 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13796 of 15587
Subject: Re: Brk vs Yhoo Date: 11/19/2001 5:39 PM
Recommendations: 3
ufool says, "Do these points really matter ? The objective is not to compare any of the attributes you mentioned but only the appreciation of the stock value."

I think even Mr. Buffet himself would agree with you. That's probably why he owns companies from Coke to GEICO. I don't know much about it, but I would guess that YHOO's risk factor is way too high for BRK to be interested. But if we're right about YHOO, we'll get a much better return than with BRK.

--steve-o

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement