UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MiniNick Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2674  
Subject: Broker Date: 8/10/2011 9:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Which is the best online broker for a teen investor??
Print the post Back To Top
Author: awesomestockdude Big red star, 1000 posts Ticker Guide Supernova Odyssey 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2665 of 2674
Subject: Re: Broker Date: 8/11/2011 1:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Which is the best online broker for a teen investor??

"Best" is pretty subjective, so I don't know if there is really one that is universally considered the best. In my last post I mentioned Scottrade and Zecco being two online brokerages worth looking at. Look back at the post here:

http://boards.fool.com/hey-mininick-its-awesome-to-see-anoth...

I hope this helps,

Aaron

Author: Jognils One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2667 of 2674
Subject: Re: Broker Date: 8/28/2011 9:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
I agree with Aaron, and I would add TD Ameritrade ($10 commission I believe) as an option as well. Those three have some of the lowest commissions out there, and commissions make a big difference when you're first starting out and investing relatively small sums of money at a time. I personally use Scottrade and have been very satisfied. They finally released an iPhone app a few weeks ago in case that factors into your decision at all. Good luck, and keep asking questions! It's one of the best ways to learn.

Best,
Jordan

Author: sheetu01 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2668 of 2674
Subject: Re: Broker Date: 2/12/2012 9:43 PM
Recommendations: 1
If you are looking for a no frills - no assistance type then Firstrade and Scottrade are worth looking.

If you need advise and help along the way then Fidelity and Schwab seem to be good options.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement