No. of Recommendations: 0
New to Investing:

How is the ease of the web interface? Which has a good research section? Are you allowed to buy more than one stock at a time? Are any of you concerned with processing time to buy or trade? Concerned with money transferred from the bank to the broker account with processing time?

Provide any other helpful tips since I am unsure what else to ask.

Capital One

Fidelity

Schwab
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have accounts with all three of thse and would rank them as 1)Fido 2) Schwab and 3) Cap One.

I only have one at Cap One to get the bonus.

I have multiple accounts including Scottrade and TdAmeritrade. Combo of bonuses and a personal limit on the maximum account size.

No opinion on your other questions.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I use Fidelity. Don't know about the others. But to answer your questions--

How is the ease of the web interface?

Fidelity has several. Some for sophisticated "active" traders. I find the basic one easy to use.

Which has a good research section?

I like the research available free at Fidelity. I also like to review Value Line reports. My library has Value Line available on line through their website for those with a library card.

Are you allowed to buy more than one stock at a time?

I would suspect the answer is yes. At Fidelity, market orders fill so quickly that usually the last one if filled before you can enter another. Multiple limit orders can be open at one time. I suspect the limit has to do with your financial resources. Your broker does not want to get stuck covering for you. Could you place an order to buy 1 million shares of Amazon stock? I doubt it would be accepted unless you can show you have the assets to cover.

Are any of you concerned with processing time to buy or trade?

It's not an issue to me. Fido is usually proud of their ability to fill your market order for less than the asked price. High volume days can happen occasionally. Then some report problems getting through to their broker. Website crashes. No login screen. Trades delayed. I have not had this problem with Fido, but I have no encountered a "must sell now" crash.

Concerned with money transferred from the bank to the broker account with processing time?

I have only started using this service at Fido. So far no complaints.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Concerned with money transferred from the bank to the broker account with processing time?

I have a Fidelity brokerage account and a Capital One savings (not brokerage) account. It takes less time to transfer between Fidelity and other banks than it does between Capital One and those same banks.

AJ
Advertisement