UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ToSubu Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 50191  
Subject: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citizen Date: 10/31/2012 1:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi

Which online / discount brokers would you advise for a NON US citizen who is NOT resident in America ?

Priorities are

1. Safety of principal [what are the SIPC limits ? ]
2. reasonable commissions, lower the better but (1) above is most important
3. ok / so so web interface should be good enough as ... i do my own research

TIA
regards

Subu
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FLiberman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50034 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 11/1/2012 9:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi Subu,

I am in the same boat as yours, also searching for an online broker and will be following your post.
Did you get much reply yet?

Rgds

Frederic

Author: ToSubu Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50035 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 11/1/2012 9:28 AM
Hi Fredric

As you can see from the thread [whole thread] I have NOT got any reply so far !

Lets wait and see

regards
Subu

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50036 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 11/1/2012 9:33 AM
Ameritrade worked for me until they decided they didn't want to do business with people who live in my country. Now I'm applying to Charles Schwab.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/schw-amtd-shut-european-biz-16...

Denny Schlesinger

Author: RafesUserName Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50037 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 11/2/2012 3:26 AM
See the thread just above this one. Zecco and Interactive Brokers are, I believe, both options.

Author: thedubliner Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50052 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 12/24/2012 2:47 AM
hello there, I have just been informed that eTrade will shut down my account by the 7th of January. I am resident in Italy so I have to find another solution to trade options on the US market.

Does anybody know a good online option trading broker that accepts non-US residents?
thanks

Author: BBDok Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50053 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 12/24/2012 7:03 AM
http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/main.php

Author: comparebroekr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50086 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 4/17/2013 4:21 AM
Hey Subu,

Why don't you look at Interactive Brokers. They seem to fir your choice. Although, the minimum deposit is on a higher side.

Author: physdude One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 50113 of 50191
Subject: Re: Broker for Non Resident, Non American Citize Date: 5/12/2013 2:16 PM
Recommendations: 1
I use TD Ameritrade and Interactive brokers (non-US citizen or resident).
TD Ameritrade gives some good research but is expensive in commissions
while Interactive Brokers has a better trading platform and really low
commissions. However, you require $110k to get portfolio margin which
is highly recommended. Their Reg T margin accounts are very weird and I
could never figure out why I had to keep on liquidating positions when
it was obvious that there was very little, if any, leverage. On converting
to portfolio margin, I can apparently now hold 10 times as much leverage
which is just as crazy but on the opposite side.

Another point to note is that Ameritrade does not allow futures or forex
for non-residents - this is what made me move to Interactive Brokers.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement