UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ums123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 266221  
Subject: Brokerage house Date: 12/7/2012 12:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been trading calls and puts on the Scottrade standard service for about two months. Now to move up to writing uncovered puts, I need to join Scottrade Options which is actually a seperate account.

Join this or just open an account with a site that is more options-centric?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HarryG Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259818 of 266221
Subject: Re: Brokerage house Date: 12/7/2012 8:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi -

I just had them move my entire Scottrade account over to OptionsFirst (it's a wholly owned subsidiary of Scottrade). They didn't charge a transfer fee, and the entire process took about 4 days.

You could transfer all, or just part of your Scottrade account, if you like the Scottrade platform for stock trades better than the OptionsFirst platform. However, I haven't seen any particular advantage to the Scottrade account (at least for the types of trades I prefer to do).

Certainly, the OptionsFirst platform is much more powerful for options trading than the native Scottrade account:-)

Harry G.

Author: HarryG Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259823 of 266221
Subject: Re: Brokerage house Date: 12/8/2012 12:19 PM
Actually, you can set up an ACH transfer in or out of the account:-)

Harry G.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement