Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Brooklyn shares, "I don't see myself living until my mid 80's like my parents and I don't believe that I have "good genes" either."

#Metoo! I'm a big guy and I've been fighting a battle with obesity and weight my entire life. I love to eat and have a big appetite and I've yo-yo dieted and lost and gained weight at least 5 times. From what I've read that's not good.

The only person in our family that has lived to be what I call "old" is my grandfather. He lived to 89 years of age but he was a little guy and he was a 7th Day Adventist and a vegetarian. He died in 1977. I think he was born in 1887 so he must have died before his birthday that year?

Anyway, mom died at age 51 from cancer, dad at 65 from cardiomyopathy, one sister at 46 from kidney failure, another sister at 73 from heart failure, maternal grandmother at 50 from breast cancer, and all my aunts and uncles died in the early to mid 70s. I turn 65 in a few days so I figure I got maybe 10 to 15 more years and I'm outta here. Ten to fifteen years is not a long time. We've been living here for 12 years all ready and it doesn't seem long at all.

You can tell I think about it a lot. We'll see!

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.