UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFHunzi Big red star, 1000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 726227  
Subject: Brrr Date: 1/6/2014 11:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
At 9am this morning it was still -10 real temp, with -27 windchills. So cold the Chinese Daughters scored an extra day to Christmas vacation - all schools are closed.

It's now 10:20, and we've made it up all the way to -8, but the windchill is still -27 because there's a breeze out there.

Always ;-)
Hunzi
not going out today! Poor DH had to go back to work today after his vacation.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 714325 of 726227
Subject: Re: Brrr Date: 1/6/2014 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Heard rumors that it will get down to -30 with wind chill tonight. I had to do some errands today. It was a challenge to overcome the snowdrift that accumulate behind my car, but I am a native Michigander and was up to the challenge!!!

Seriously, my Mom slipped on the ice last week and is still sore. I am her chauffer and overall errand boy. I even endured attending Mass yesterday, but it was for Mom!!!

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 714823 of 726227
Subject: Re: Brrr Date: 1/8/2014 8:39 PM
Here in Chicago today, the temperature recovered to 15 degrees. And it was sunny and not much wind.

After what we've been having, it felt almost Springlike. And according to the weather reports, a January thaw is arriving on Friday and should last at least five days. On Friday and Saturday it's supposed to make it up to 40 degrees. My bedroom will be so hot I likely won't be able to sleep.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 714843 of 726227
Subject: Re: Brrr Date: 1/9/2014 12:22 AM
Recommendations: 0
"After what we've been having, it felt almost Springlike. And according to the weather reports, a January thaw is arriving on Friday and should last at least five days. On Friday and Saturday it's supposed to make it up to 40 degrees. My bedroom will be so hot I likely won't be able to sleep." - BaronAndrew

-------------------

By Friday it's supposed to get up into the 50's. Saturday it is supposed to rain so on Friday I plan on taking a load of trash to the dump. I've let it accumulate so I have a good bit to haul off. That's always a good feeling. Last time I went Lindytoes was visiting.

It looks like we'll have about a week of bearable weather. When it gets down below freezing I find it depressing. I sit and wonder why I have to endure it and dream about moving/retiring to Florida. Any sensible person with any wit about them would head south on I-75 and head to Florida!

Art

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 715336 of 726227
Subject: Re: Brrr Date: 1/12/2014 12:16 PM
Good advice for those still struggling with extreme cold weather.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hGIF9FljM&desktop_uri=%...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement