Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: robnagler Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 332  
Subject: Re: Accounting Software Date: 4/6/2001 6:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Bryce Klempner wrote:

plus it's backed by the NAIC so you know it's not a start-up with no income that will lose or sell your data like bivio!

What is the NAIC's privacy policy? I know my email and snail mail address has been sold by the NAIC to many companies, including AARP, WSJ, and Barron's. I looked all over www.better-investing.org and couldn't find a privacy policy.

bivio's privacy policy is listed on every page and it has been approved by TRUSTE, a non-profit whose business is to approve privacy policies.

As to no income, well, just ain't true. We have had revenues since mid-1999. We have signed deals with Merill Lynch, BUYandHOLD, and Zack's, to name a few. We also (shudders) actually sell services to investment clubs. Something that your flagship product, iclub.com, doesn't do.

Bryce, you're supposedly Director of Business Development. The best way to develop business is to talk to companies and close deals, not to log on to the Motley Fool pseudo-anonymously. I guess you haven't gotten to that yet in your classes at Harvard. This is the school of hard knocks, Bryce. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee and get a plan. Just some friendly advice from someone with 20 years in business.

BTW, how's Stuart feeling about all this. He must be pretty pissed that naic-club is getting all the recognition. He's worked really hard on iclub.com, but the NAIC won't recognize it. Why do you suppose that is? Perhaps Stuart should go back to school and get his PhD and become and academic. The business world is tough.

Have a great day!

Rob Nagler
CTO
bivio Inc.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement