Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5888  
Subject: BSPs week 4 Date: 9/25/2012 4:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
1) Buff +4 at home

2) Jets +4.5 at home

3) NOS +8
Print the post Back To Top
Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5729 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 9/28/2012 3:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
re: Buff +4 at home

In his 9 years as Patriots coach Bill Belechick has something like a 16-2 record against the Bills most by 14 points or more...

even last year when Brady had 3 interceptions and Bills scored 2 touchdowns by defense/special teams the Bills barely held on to win 35-31...

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5730 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 9/28/2012 4:38 PM
Recommendations: 1
Games from more than a year ago are definitely relevant to what's happening this year!

- C -

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5731 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 9/30/2012 5:50 PM
Public can't go 2-10 forever on BSP picks, 2-0 today, NOS looking bad!

Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5732 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 9/30/2012 8:47 PM
Chris, don't want to say I told you so but past history does mean something in Pats/Bills series...

in the 19 games vs the Buffalo Bills, Bill O is 16-3 with an average margin of victory of 17 points according to WGR am (Bills flagship radio station)...

Bills were up 21-7 in 2nd period then Patriots scored 35 straight points...

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5733 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 9/30/2012 10:06 PM
You're right! Past results definitely indicate future performance! The intelligent way to bet is to assume that things that happened 2+ years ago will definitely have an impact on games going on today, and if this one sample size doesn't definitively prove that, I don't know what will!

- C -

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5734 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/1/2012 11:02 AM
C'mon Chris, just because Belicheat was down 21-7 on the road giving 4.5 in the second half, just means his Evil Genius plan to wait until the 4th Quarter to take the lead for the first time all game was going to take the Bills by surprise!

BSP picks 11-4 this year.

Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5735 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/1/2012 11:53 AM
both you guys are astute gamblers but all soumd gambling logic goes out the window when its Billo vs the Buffalo Bills...Pats have won something like 17 of last 18 outright with about a 15-3 record vs the point spread...

anybody who bets the Bills vs the Pats needs their head examined unless point spread is +17...

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5736 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/1/2012 1:12 PM
but all soumd gambling logic goes out the window when ...

Found your error.

- C -

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5737 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/1/2012 3:00 PM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/09/25/brady-throws-four-pick...

Hmmm, seems like +17 not actually needed.

But, don't let that dissuade you from taking advantage of the FREE MONEY that Vegas is giving away on Pats game. Most books out there will take 50-100k on NFL, CantorGaming runs the books at the M, Venetian, Cosmo, et al and promises to take up to $100k, so you can make like a decade's salary pretty easily.

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5738 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/1/2012 3:05 PM
Fun with stats, over a full 5-Quarter stretch and the first 5 mins of H2 yesterday, the Bills had outscored the Patsies 55-17 over 80 consecutive mins of football in Orchard Park.

Meh, only 38 pt differential.

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5739 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/2/2012 12:28 AM
The only thing that makes me sympathetic to TonyRomo!!!! is that I had a similar perspective 6-7 years ago.

The difference of course is that I put my money where my mouth was, bought my mistakes and learned that I didn't even understand the language.

TonyRomo!!! still doesn't understand the language and doesn't understand that he doesn't understand the language. If he ever escapes his cowardice enough to actually wager he will learn quickly that the things that he thinks he knows are not only completely wrong, but irrelevant.

Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5740 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/2/2012 10:10 AM
Class repeat after me...

anybody who BETS on the Bills when they're playing the AFC East opponents is an IDIOT including Patchdodd!!!!!

I'll stick to this year, two games played...

Week 1: Jets won 48-28
Week 4: Pats won 52-28

100 points allowed
lost by combined total of 44 points
350 rushing yards allowed...

Time Out for Trivia Question: when was the last time the Patriots have had TWO 100 yard rushers in the same game???

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5741 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/2/2012 12:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
I am intrigued by your theories that you can tell when the Vegas line is off by 2 TDs, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Author: patchdodd Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5742 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/2/2012 12:57 PM
Recommendations: 2
Even squares know that Vegas sides aren't predictive.

patch - IDIOT!!!

I wonder if I can change my handle to IDIOT!!!?

Author: philkessel Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5743 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/2/2012 7:21 PM
the running joke here around Buffalo is bet against the Bills in the six games against the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots... that will probably net you a 5-1 for the season...

they usually play over their head against the top teams other than the Patriots...it wouldn't surprise me if they go out to San Francisco next week and cover the 11 points and keep it close against the 49ers...the Bills are actually one of the top scoring teams (5th overall) at over 28 points a game...

Author: psuasskicker6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5744 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/2/2012 9:09 PM
You understand that writing all this doesn't make you right, it shows pretty much the dictionary definition of why you're square, right?

- C -

Author: NajdorfSicilian Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5745 of 5888
Subject: Re: BSPs week 4 Date: 10/3/2012 2:06 PM
best Troll poaster ever imo.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement