Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: slackin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 448  
Subject: BSX down 8% in after hours trading Date: 9/22/2006 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sure was hoping my first basket of stocks would at least break even through a complete week. Prudential cut target from 21 to 14, which of course is about 2.50 less than I paid. So...should I just enter a open market order to sell and hope for less blood? Or ride it out until the end of the day before jumping off?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: elvistmf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 429 of 448
Subject: Re: BSX down 8% in after hours trading Date: 9/22/2006 9:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
After hours trading is not reality.

If this is only one stock in a basket of stocks and it has only been one week I don't think I would worry about it. You should assume that there will be many ups and downs with the hope that the trend will be up.

That said, I don't think I would have picked BSX in the first place, but you must have your reasons.

Author: slackin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 430 of 448
Subject: Re: BSX down 8% in after hours trading Date: 9/22/2006 12:49 PM
Obviously, I need to settle a bit. Sold my position though, and took my hit and move it to EBAY for an average buy in of 1,000 shares @ $26 bucks. BSX was one of the mix that was based solely on outside experts and my somewhat poor grasp of the tecnicals. If I'm going to lose, I guess it's best to blame myself.

Now...if only EBAY doesn't come out with some gloomy warning from hell like BSX did last night, I may get into investing thing. Otherwise, I'll pile it all back into a fund and go back to a better use of my time.

Author: elvistmf Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 431 of 448
Subject: Re: BSX down 8% in after hours trading Date: 9/25/2006 8:50 AM
Try the NAIC method. Betterinvesting.com. They offer a software version and a paper "worksheet" version of analysis. Half of the method is calculation of "value" the other half tries to give you an idea of the price you should pay. More than anything this method gets you to avoid over paying for a good stock.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement