No. of Recommendations: 0
(BTW - it's Cheney... just so you know. Not too hard to get a man's name right and you have more of an appearance of intelligence.)

Deficits have always mattered and I have always argued against them.

If deficits do not matter, then how YOU handle YOUR bills makes no difference. You can default on them and it doesn't matter. You can simply call your creditors and tell them you will put the money you owe them on the books and pay them back with interest in 12 years or some other malarkey.

Deficits matter and deficit spending matters. Don't believe it? Ask EU - ask Greece - ask Spain.

I don't want our nation to be in the position of these places. The only way we can prevent that is by putting people back to work and reducing government spending.

There are 535+9+1 people responsible for this spending. If you take that 5.5 trillion dollars and divide it by 545, you find that each of these people are accountable for an obscene 11 billion dollars of DEFICIT ONLY spending each (and I included the Supreme Court members intentionally).

It is time to stop this madness people! Can you not SEE?? Are you too blindly partisan to understand that this is killing our nation?

I want Romney there. Four more years of Obama will result in national debt of over 20 trillion dollars according to Obama himself. How is that acceptable?

I want Romney because he has met a budget. He has worked in an extremely Democratic state and gotten cooperation for policies. He knows how to compromise and compromise is not a dirty word. He understands that controlling the deficits will not happen overnight but it has to happen for the good of the country.

I sincerely do not believe that Obama realizes anything even this basic.

We are truly at a crossing point in history. If we continue as we are, an accounting will arrive and our nation will fall. I do not want to live in a dictatorship or a monarchy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement