UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dardashti Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1933  
Subject: BUD: A Graham Pick? Date: 3/20/2005 3:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Some very quick thoughts, that may be worthy of more detailed review:

Here's a quick graph of BUD's...
- stock price
- PE range
- 12 month rolling EPS

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/intchart/frames/main.asp?time=13&freq=1&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=8388608&lf2=67108864&lf3=0&type=2&style=320&size=2&sid=0&o_symb=bud&startdate=&enddate=&show=&symb=bud&draw.x=64&draw.y=18

Can see earnings have been regularly increasing, and PE is lowest it's been in nearly a decade. (And, BUD has been buying back shares in the process)

===

Anyone want to post some thoughts/calculations on BUD's intrinsic value?

(There's been some chatter on BUD over at the Yahoo BRK board as well)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: StevnFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1885 of 1933
Subject: Re: BUD: A Graham Pick? Date: 3/21/2005 8:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!

I think Graham would think that they use a bit too much debt.

Current Assets: $1.8B
Current Liabilities: $2.0B

Working Capital: -$0.2B

Non-current Liabilities: $11.5B

All a bit over stretched for me.

StevnFool

Author: jballar One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1886 of 1933
Subject: Re: BUD: A Graham Pick? Date: 3/21/2005 9:03 AM
I have large % of my portfolio in BUD at cost basis of around $49.50.

Yes, this stock is cheap and should be bought now, in my opinion.

They have a lot of debt, but one metric Graham would look at is interest coverage ratio, which is how many times earnings cover interest payments on debt. For Bud, that ratio is 8.0x. Plus, look at the free cash flow. BUD is a big-time cash-cow. Like Coca-Cola, BUD also is the dominant player in the beer industry with 50% domestic share. BUD is currently investing in its expansion in to China, which could give them more competition but you have to focus on the BRAND. Invest in the brand.

Author: dardashti Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1889 of 1933
Subject: Re: BUD: A Graham Pick? Date: 4/21/2005 2:36 PM
nheuser-Busch Welcomes Berkshire Hathaway as a Shareholder

ST. LOUIS, April 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Anheuser-Busch has recently learned that Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has become a significant shareholder, based on information available to the company. Anheuser-Busch welcomes Berkshire Hathaway as a shareholder.

Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch Cos., Inc. (NYSE: BUD) is the leading U.S. brewer and holds a 50 percent share in Grupo Modelo, Mexico's leading brewer. The company also is one of the largest theme park operators in the United States, is a major manufacturer of aluminum cans and is the world's largest recycler of aluminum beverage containers.

SOURCE Anheuser-Busch Cos., Inc.

CONTACT: Loren Wassell, +1-314-577-0733, of Anheuser-Busch Cos., Inc.

Author: mjs111 Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1905 of 1933
Subject: Re: BUD: A Graham Pick? Date: 2/12/2006 10:54 PM
Recommendations: 0
dardashti,

I am new to bigcharts.com. How do you plot things other than the stock price on it? In the link you sent you were also plotting PE ratios.

Thanks!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement