No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Fools,
I was just wondering if any of you have a suggestion for a budget hotel in NYC (think under $100 a night-- hardly budget!)

I have been searching the hotel sites, and I have found some inexpensive places but I don't know anything about the locations. I would hate to end up in a bad neighborhood.

Any Fools have any experience with this? I'll be in NY the weekend of August 11-13.

Thanks Fools!
Sarah
TMFKojo

Print the post Back To Top
D'oh!
I can't spell!
Budget Hotel in New York City

Thanks!
Sarah
If you find anything good could you let me know. I need to be in the NYC area for a few days next month. Thanks

John
Well, I live in Midtown and I'll be in San Diego that weekend ... =)

Don't have much experience with budget hotels, but a good friend of mine got a stay in a 4-star hotel for $125 a night by using Priceline. Have you checked it out?

If you told me the addresses/hoods of the hotels you're checking out, I could help with whether or not the neighborhood is good. Keep in mind that no matter whether you like him or not, Guiliani has certainly cleaned up the streets, and there are few (if any) places I feel unsafe.

-m-
You might also consider posting the possibilities over at the Folly in New York Board where I and a couple of other "regular" posters would probably be able to provide some comments.

Christina
No. of Recommendations: 2
Here are a few budget hotel choices in NYC:
1. Hotel Grand Union (212)683-5890 @$110
2. The Gershwin Hotel 545-8000 @$89-149
3. The Larchmont Hotel 989-9333 @ $70-110
4. The Vanderbilt YMCA or West Side YMCA @$72-100

Hope this information helps.

Fool in Las Vegas
(Recently from NYC)
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you don't mind a Hostel this is a great place and a great deal:

New York International AYH-Hostel
891 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY
212-932-2300
http://www.hinewyork.org/home.html

A few of us stayed there one weekend for $35 a night. It is dormitory style living but very clean and the staff was very friendly. It is a two block walk to the subway and a 3 block walk to central park.

Advertisement