UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947702  
Subject: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 12:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
The President lied. His administration knew inside of 24 hours that there was a terror attack against our embassy.

He and his staff went on tv to lie about the you tube video.

They lied that there was no warning.

They lied that the embassy did not ask for more protection.

Obama lied. People died.

I will never vote for GWB again. I will never vote for BHO again.

Noone should vote for Obama.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822955 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 1:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
It's worse than that. They knew eastern Libya was crawling with jihadis and they ignored multiple requests for security at Benghazi.

Then we find out today that State wasn't even paying the local militia types they were relying on!

Just stunning incompetence. No wonder Hillary! is in hiding. A fair media would end her political career. Her a$$ needs to be hauled in front of a House subcommittee.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822961 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 1:40 PM
Recommendations: 2
Then we find out today that State wasn't even paying the local militia types they were relying on!

LOL---- did you hear the latest? An honest mistake was made and Fox was not invited to the news conference regarding Libya?

I can not believe anyone here, who knows all this is going to vote for Obama.

What are you people thinking? There is nothing in your respective lifetimes anything like what is going on right now. This is not a joke. These people are really doing what they are getting nailed for. not everything is make believe like your Romney claims. The administration is really doing this stuff.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822970 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 1:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
If the hearing that is on cspan right now gets any play in the nightly news (it wont) Obama will have a hard time getting a vote.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822975 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 1:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
LOL---- did you hear the latest? An honest mistake was made and Fox was not invited to the news conference regarding Libya?

I can not believe anyone here, who knows all this is going to vote for Obama.

What are you people thinking? There is nothing in your respective lifetimes anything like what is going on right now. This is not a joke. These people are really doing what they are getting nailed for. not everything is make believe like your Romney claims. The administration is really doing this stuff.

This admin is full of slimeballs. If Hillary! had any decency she and Susan Rice would tender their resignations immediately.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823048 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 4:04 PM
Recommendations: 0
Obama lied. People died.

Even if you're right about Benghazi, you've got it backwards.

People died, then Obama lied.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823061 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 4:20 PM
Obama policy failed. People died. Obama lied.

Now in a different circumstance Hillary would be fired.

But someone needs big Bill to campaign.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823127 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 5:57 PM
Obama policy failed. People died. Obama lied.

Now in a different circumstance Hillary would be fired.

Oh, come on. Condolezza Rice's Al Qaeda 9/11 screw-up was several orders of magnitude worse than Hillary's and not only was she not fired, she was promoted from NSA to SecState.

And I don't recall you calling for her head. Funny that.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823132 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/10/2012 6:12 PM
Recommendations: 2
GWB and his administration caused 9/11/01.

BHO and his administration caused 9/11/12.

DON'T VOTE FOR EITHER.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823250 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 12:11 AM
Recommendations: 3
GWB isn't running.

BHO is.

Voting for BHO requires a wretched contortion of reasoning regarding why someone should be elected President of this nation.

Voting for Romney does not.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823251 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 12:12 AM
GWB and his administration caused 9/11/01.

BHO and his administration caused 9/11/12.

Really? Seems you're trying to be clever.

Neither Bush nor Obama caused sither.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823264 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 7:24 AM
Obama's policy was to keep the footprint small in embassies in the middle east.

Marines were pulled away from this embassy, even though those killed begged for more security.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823301 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 10:15 AM
Obama's policy was to keep the footprint small in embassies in the middle east.

Marines were pulled away from this embassy, even though those killed begged for more security.

You've made up your mind and are immune to discussion, but anyway... who was it that cut the State Department security budget? And there's no embassy in Benghazi. It was a consulate office. Security at consular offices is way below that of embassies.

Simply put: the terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi would not have been prevented by a marginal increase in security. The harping on this is shameless political opportunism.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823307 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 10:22 AM
who was it that cut the State Department security budget?

State Department security budget had nothing to do with it

As reported in the Congressional hearings yesterday, this was a straight State Department error by ignoring and refusing multiple requests to keep support on site

Hillay's Department

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823318 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 10:37 AM
"You've made up your mind and are immune to discussion, but anyway... who was it that cut the State Department security budget? And there's no embassy in Benghazi. It was a consulate office. Security at consular offices is way below that of embassies."

Marines are not paid for by state department.

What percentage of security should the Benghazi consulate have compared to the embassy?

"Simply put: the terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi would not have been prevented by a marginal increase in security. The harping on this is shameless political opportunism."

That's probably why the state department ordered the embassy to stop asking for additional security.

Is your searching for excuses political opportunism, or is that just when I present facts?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823319 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 10:37 AM
As reported in the Congressional hearings yesterday, this was a straight State Department error by ignoring and refusing multiple requests to keep support on site.

Okay. And additional support on site would have stopped the attack how?

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823321 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 10:39 AM
"Simply put: the terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi would not have been prevented by a marginal increase in security.

So, better defense in a war torn nation does not make sense to you?

The State Department hung those guys out to dry

Bears

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823324 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 10:44 AM

It could have offered better protection to the Ambassador who was trapped in his room and died of smoke inhalation

Bears

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823367 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 12:03 PM
It could have offered better protection to the Ambassador who was trapped in his room and died of smoke inhalation

It also could have changed the perception of easy pickings on the ground, and created a situation where it never happened.

When you speculate there are always a number of avenues to explore, the well if this was there then this would have happened when such event occurred, has to presume that with a different set of circumstances the event would still occur.

This is a very very common mistake folks make.

Note, I am not saying it definitely WOULD change if more troops had been there, but I will definitely say it definitely MIGHT change. The reason they were not there was all about perception, odd that huh?

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823403 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 1:26 PM
The reason they were not there was all about perception, odd that huh?

The reason they were not there was someone or many at the State Department screwed the pooch

Bears

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823407 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 1:40 PM
The reason they were not there was all about perception, odd that huh?</i)

The reason they were not there was someone or many at the State Department screwed the pooch

Bears

Bears,

Why they were not there was a matter of trying to manage perception, That they screwed the pooch is also true, attempts to manage perception is why

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823412 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 1:48 PM
Why they were not there was a matter of trying to manage perception,

When your staff request over and over that the security people stay, and you refuse, it is the State Department's perception that is off

There were bomings and RPG attacks around the area when they made the request

Thats perception

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823414 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 1:56 PM
When your staff request over and over that the security people stay, and you refuse, it is the State Department's perception that is off

There were bomings and RPG attacks around the area when they made the request

Thats perception

No bears that is reality.

A very different thing from perception. Just because one manages perception does not mean one succeeds at managing perception.

They were trying to use the lack of security as a message on multiple fronts.

They wanted to support the perception security was not any longer needed to an American audience and that we were all buddies to a Libyan audience.

It was all message aka perception. They blew it, they were so wrong they have had to lie shamelessly (though I can not discount that it may be they just enjoy lying shamelessly, since there is not way they could believe it would actually work)

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823429 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 2:14 PM
---

Bears

Brilliant. What makes you think Marines are firemen?

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823431 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 2:17 PM

The same thing that makes me think your reply was foolish

Bears

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823436 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 2:31 PM
---
The same thing that makes me think your reply was foolish.

Your willful disconnect from reality?

Seriously, a couple of extra Marines at the consulate wouldn't have any difference.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823472 of 1947702
Subject: Re: Bumps in the road. Date: 10/11/2012 4:06 PM
Seriously, a couple of extra Marines at the consulate wouldn't have any difference.

There were 22 security people removed by the State Department

16 members of the special embassy security team, led by Wood, X Green Beret

A 6-member State Department security force

More than enough to have at least offered some protection to the staff

Bears

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement