No. of Recommendations: 45
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<This article made me aware that he's the "Don't Bother Me With Facts President">>

As the person who uttered the statement, "Facts are stupid things", it is painfully unclimactic that he would be confused by them.

*JR*

No. of Recommendations: 0
As the person who uttered the statement, "Facts are stupid things", it is painfully unclimactic that he would be confused by them.

I thought that quote was from Retard Ronnie.
48 Nobel laureates in scientific fields who endorsed John Kerry on Monday took care to note.

Oh you hush. I'll bet there'll be 49 Nobel laureates signing a declaration supporting Bush soon. Real soon.

And if not, it doesn't matter. Joe Six Pack matters. I mean, who'd trust people who won some prize named after the inventor of TNT anyway.
I'll bet there'll be 49 Nobel laureates signing a declaration supporting Bush soon.

If that ever happened, I'd be in a bad enough shock to maybe even vote for the Bozo! ;o) Seriously, though, I have not met too many college faculty who are pro-Bush. On the other hand, Joe Six Pack actually lives across the street from me. I wouldn't DARE say anything against Dubya in his presence!

I mean, who'd trust people who won some prize named after the inventor of TNT anyway.

Are you suggesting that TNT is intrinsically evil?

I hope not. Is fire evil?

There has never been an evil technology - except maybe the cigarette-making machines ;o) Technology CAN and IS used for evil purposes.

And....I don't even like the word EVIL. It's one of Dubya's favorites, you know "We all are GUD, they all are EEEEE-VIL" Fits in with his black-and-white paradigm of the human race.

Jack
Seriously, though, I have not met too many college faculty who are pro-Bush.

Well, he did stop billions of our dollars from going to the faculty when he stop federal funding of new strains for stem cells. Just how are they going to afford their BMW's and Porche's if he keeps that up?

JWIA
Well, he did stop billions of our dollars from going to the faculty when he stop federal funding of new strains for stem cells. Just how are they going to afford their BMW's and Porche's if he keeps that up

Are you SERIOUS??? I'll reply, even though your statements are ridiculous.

In the first place, I don't know any faculty who are working on stem cells. I have chats will profs from many different disciplines, including economics, psychology, philosophy, history, etc.

Besides, I don't think that Bush's curbs on stem cell research are causing financial hardships in the biological research community.

AND...I've yet to meet a faculty member who is making big bucks. Every year, the Chronicle of Higher Education publishes salary surveys (obtained from the Universities - not the faculty). If you check through them, I think you will find that even a Full Professor at a prestigious university makes less than many public high school teachers, and certainly less than many, many other professionals with less education.

I'm going to check to see if there is a correlation between level of education attained and opinions about President Bush. Should be interesting.

Jack
Are you SERIOUS??? I'll reply, even though your statements are ridiculous.

It's spelled S-A-R-C-A-S-M.

Nice responce, though.

JWIA
Advertisement