UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 90370  
Subject: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 97
as I write this.
And what a total international embarrassment every time he opens his mug. What is WRONG with him!!! He sounds TRULY and ACTUALLY and SERIOUSLY mentally incapacitated; making verbal list after list and using that 'insistent talk-down' thing he does as if he's an idiot in a foreign country talking to the native speakers and emphasizing his point over and over with the 'why can't you understand me' attitude.
Damn .. the worse mistake this country has made in the last half century is to have allowed this RIDICULOUSLY shamefull little butt-monkey into the limelight. EVERY time I see or hear him I think "HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED!!!

(thanks for letting me tell the truth ... feels a little better now)

n
l
Print the post Back To Top
Author: glorioski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23819 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

Author: oceanbluela Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23820 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:25 PM
Recommendations: 3
"what a total international embarrassment every time he opens his mug. What is WRONG with him!!! He sounds TRULY and ACTUALLY and SERIOUSLY mentally incapacitated; making verbal list after list and using that 'insistent talk-down' thing he does as if he's an idiot in a foreign country talking to the native speakers and emphasizing his point over and over with the 'why can't you understand me' attitude.
Damn .. the worse mistake this country has made in the last half century is to have allowed this RIDICULOUSLY shamefull little butt-monkey into the limelight. EVERY time I see or hear him I think "HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED!!!"

thanks nl. i feel better to have read it. now i don't have to go out and look for a bus in which to throw myself in front of.

vivienne

Author: glorioski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23822 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:27 PM
I don't even have a TV and I feel like throwing myself in front of a bus just knowing he's on TV!

I DO feel better now, too.

g

Author: KodiakBear Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23823 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
>> And what a total international embarrassment every time he opens his mug. <<

Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry!

KB

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23824 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:44 PM

a-hole george has throuwn our entire country in front of a bus

in every single way you can name or imagine

we can only hope that history sees him clearly and judges him honestly -

thereby assuring the condemning of his 'presidency'

to the lowest rung of disgrace

as a man he is a completely inept loser

Author: KodiakBear Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23826 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 8:50 PM
Recommendations: 0

>> a-hole george has throuwn our entire country in front of a bus <<

Take a deep breath dude. Getting all worked up won't help.

KB

Author: goofyinMD Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23827 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 9:02 PM
Recommendations: 11
Remember in grade school there was always a kid who wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, who also had a terrible time speaking in front of the class. But teachers always took perverse pleasure in making him answer questions orally in front of everyone.

As the kid struggled to speak you felt such intense sympathy for his plight that your own pain was palpable. Everytime I watch Bush try to speak publicly, or even in a one on one interview, it engenders those old feelings of sympathetic pain for the suffering.

It is agony to watch Bush speak.

Author: oceanbluela Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23828 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 9:07 PM
"Everytime I watch Bush try to speak publicly, or even in a one on one interview, it engenders those old feelings of sympathetic pain for the suffering. "

Insightful. Might be responsible for a tiny bit of the vote that put him over the top in the last election. People sure seem to relate to guy. Why, is beyond me.

Author: hk2 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23829 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 9:13 PM
It is agony to watch Bush speak.

That might have some to do with it. I'd heard there was a different reaction from folks after the debates depending if they watched or just listened on the radio. I started to listen for a while during the Q&A portion when they asked about troop withdrawals. I automatically chalked up most of the stutters/breaks in speach to the fact I was streaming from my public radio staion. But then, I've got a good highspeed connection.

Must be something about watching him struggle while he speaks.

Jim
quick listening after 10 min.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23831 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/28/2005 9:35 PM
Recommendations: 3
People sure seem to relate to guy. Why, is beyond me.

I was listening to NPR one commute home during the runup to the 2000 election. They were doing interviews of college students, asking who they were going to cast their vote for. One young woman said Bush and when asked why, said something I remember approximately as,

"'Cause, <giggle>, you know, it's like, <giggle> great that, like, you see him and <giggle> think, you know, he's just like one of us! <giggle>"

I remember that particular interview as being in Texas, but that may be memory-editing.

"Be careful what you wish for."

--FY

Author: straitarrow Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23842 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 10:18 AM
....And what is the twitchy eyebrow and twisted smile all about?
Is that when he is lying, or when he thinks the audience isn't "getting" what he is saying, or maybe when he is just groping for words?

I agree, It is agony to watch Bush speak. I can't help but wonder how he would have done in a more menial line of work.
sa

(Wish he would resign and try it!)

(But that would leave us with Cheney...AGGGHHH!!
Better scratch that last one!)

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23844 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 10:51 AM
the worse mistake this country has made in the last half century is to have allowed this RIDICULOUSLY shamefull little butt-monkey into the limelight. EVERY time I see or hear him I think "HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED!!!

Funny, but that's exactly what the rest of the world thinks...

Author: JustThis Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23845 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 10:54 AM
Recommendations: 5
I really do think this name calling is offesive to chimps and monkeys everywhere.

I have a deep respect for our monkey brothers and sisters and to equate Dubya with a them is entirely disrespectful.

Author: wcaseym Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23846 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 10:56 AM
Recommendations: 4
What is WRONG with him!!!

... I suggest: ... NOTHING! He is where he is, ... and who he is by most sophisticated and intelligent design. I suggested that Americans are dead against intelligence, ... hence there is 'w' up front and at the pulpit. I stand behind this statement. You see, ... as far as I see things, Bush Administration's success is that they have a very real intelligence, ... but just few Americans recognize them as such, and instead recognize them as a "common folks" - just like us, ... just like 'w'! Show people that they are being manipulated through intelligence, however, ... and things might just change a little. See my point?

C.

Author: satiranarchist Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23849 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 11:49 AM
Recommendations: 9
Thankfully, there will be a rather comprehensive historical record; one that will show successive generations that electing a stuttering, stammering inarticulate boob as president (even if he did have the name of a previous one) is not the smartest thing to do for your country.

*JR*

Author: czarinav Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23852 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 3:02 PM
Recommendations: 6
Why, why, why can't the American people see that the "emperor" is not wearing clothing?

Constantly amazed that reporters, other politicians seem to take Bush drivel seriously. I would laugh if it didn't hurt so much.

Poor us, poor rest of the world. Shameful.

Author: blueberryhill Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23853 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 3:16 PM
SA: I can't help but wonder how he would have done in a more menial line of work.
sa
I can tell you... he would have been fired for screwing up the works....

Blue

Author: agnes1938 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23855 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/29/2005 3:18 PM
Yeah, I still can figure out why 51% of US citizens voted for this moron....what does this say about those 51%?

alexandre

Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23868 of 90370
Subject: Re: Bush speaking... Date: 4/30/2005 12:11 AM
There is a quotation that addresses this. I wish I could get it for you quickly - but it is simply like this.

Democracy is the best form of government because the representatives that the people elect cannot be more stupid than the people who elect them. The more stupid the representative, the more stupid they are to have elected him/her.

Which isn't the exact quote but it'll do.

ciao
BJ

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement