Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have started a few small home business throughout the year. In honest opinions because none of them succeeded and made any income for me. but my startup cost were definately sizable. At least sizable for me. Would I be better of with a CPA doing my taxes , H&R block or I have a little knowledge of taxes should I do it myself.i am looking for the best way to get as much out of the losses I can as our tax bracket is moving up and we no longer claim dependants our last child is over 18 and doesn't live at home will be claiming himself.Seems for the past few uears we have no deductions left to take.Thanks
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.