Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sock00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121482  
Subject: Business expense Date: 1/29/2001 1:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My husband is an college instructor. Last year as part of his job as college transfer coordinator, he gave the college transfer students a cookout. Are the expenses we incurred from this cookout deductible and how would I claim them ?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45069 of 121482
Subject: Re: Business expense Date: 1/29/2001 3:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My husband is an college instructor. Last year as part of his job as college transfer coordinator, he gave the college transfer students a cookout. Are the expenses we incurred from this cookout deductible and how would I claim them ?

Unreimbursed employee business expenses are a miscellaneous Schedule A deduction subject to the 2% of AGI exclusion. That may settle the question for you on its own.

If you do have enough of that type of deduction to make it worth your while, I think this one is a little iffy, but probably not so much so that I wouldn't take the deduction. Don't forget to reduce the amount of the deduction by the cost of your family's meals.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement