Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: them Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121565  
Subject: Business Tax software for Mac Date: 12/7/2002 2:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Last year I used TurboTax Business for our small research lab, an LLC partnership, using Virtual PC on a G4 with no problem. This year as I was about to order the current version, I noticed the fine print under Minimum System Requirements reads:
"This TurboTax for Windows product will not run on a Mac operating system using Windows emulation software"

After I cleaned the coffee from my monitor and my mind slowed it's boggling at the sheer, determined, utter stupidity Intuit exhibits (c'mon, this is NOT a difficult piece of software to port, let alone have run under VPC - they must have had to try hard to break this!), I decided to come here for advice.

There must be SOME tax software for Mac-based businesses - or at least some that will run under Virtual PC!

I have in the past used TurboTax Mac for our personal taxes, but it appears I'll need to find a substitute for that as well, as I'm not interested in giving Intuit another dime of my money - they need not be rewarded for going out of their way to push my business away (YMMV, of course).

Thanks in advance for any advice/pithy comments/etc

PS - It occurs to me to wonder if Intuit is simply trying to avoid any perceived liability from any *ahem* "bugs" in their software ? There really shouldn't be any problem running TAX software on VPC..
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement