UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (106) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956862  
Subject: Re: fight against "Ground Zero mosque" Date: 7/23/2010 6:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
But again, the issue isn't sensitive except to people who think we're at war with Islam. We're not.

Horse Manure.

I know a lot of folks who head down to ground zero to mourn.

You can say it is not a stick in the eye to have them go down there and face a mosque in what would have been the shadow of the tomb that their loved ones would be. Many of the victims still are not identified even by the slightest trace.

It isn't about a war with Islam. It is about common decency.

Putting a mosque at ground zero would be like putting a tribute to the german soldier at a holocaust site. Just as most German soldiers were not evil persons, neither are most Muslims, still it would be insensitive and just flat out wrong.

No one is arguing with the building of a mosque, which would clearly be the case with your sophomoric claim. It is the impact on the folks grieving. It is unnecessary and it is just flat out inconsiderate to the point of cruelty.

Perhaps you can say constitutionally it should be built, that may be the case. SHould it be allowed? No.

There is no reason for it, except as an inflammatory move. It is not a Muslim area, not of any significance to Muslims except as a death site of a few and many others.

It is clearly inappropriate.

Is is pathetic to claim this is an attack on Islam and were I to believe it possible I would say you should be ashamed of yourself.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (106) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement