Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gocanucks Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20235  
Subject: Re: Goodbye All! Date: 5/29/2012 1:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 46
but an erratic reaction like this will likely cause you even more professional harm

i'd like to think you offered your opinion/prediction with good intention and for the benefit of GM, but it is exactly statements like this that drove him away.

DMC is mostly a stock discussion board, and for the most part, the discussion has been centered around stock/strategy discussion. but from time to time, the discussion has evolved into argument/critiscm of different philosophies/approaches/personalities. Just recently, there were posts where people put words into GM's mouth, "teach" him how to invest in momentum/retail stocks, or just name call him.

While none of the posts by itself was excessive (by web standards), which was why GM's sudden departure seems surprising to many, the reality is that these things have been a recurring theme over the years and they tend to wear on people. For better or worse, GM is usually at the center of these discussions. So can one really blame him for quitting after getting all the snipes (even light ones)? I think people may have forgotten why GM left PL and then LL and started this board in the first place.

Most people on this board are anonymous id's, but GM has a semi-public profile. There are certain circumstances/things that make these jabs more sensitive/harmful for him and his business.

Nobody has possibly benefited/learnt more from GM over the years than me -- I was a complete newbie 10 years ago and GM put up with me. So like everybody else, I hate to see GM quit like this, but I just hope people can recognize his contribution over the years and respect his decision. I am sure he would still be lurking around and I would never bet against his return in the not too distant future.

And please, keep the discussion on stock level, not personal.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement