Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
but how do you measure sustainability of brand loyalty?

Well... it seems like you have a full plate of anecdotal coach stories, but I'll throw mine in the ring as well because I think it speaks volumes about why they may be able to sustain some brand loyalty.

For Christmas 1996, my grandmother bought me a coach wallet. Simple, black, bifold wallet. Not much to it, but nice quality leather. After I'd had it for about a year and a half it started showing some wear. The corners looked a little beat up, and a wear spot where I grabbed it with my thumb was starting to show. I took it in to a coach store, showed them the wallet and asked if they had any kind of warranty even though it was a year and a half old and I had no receipt. The girl behind the counter politely (and cheerfully) asked me to wait for a minute... stepped into the back room... came back a moment later pulling a brand new wallet out of a box. As she was pulling the price tag out, I noticed it said $94. She proceeded to take everything out of my prematurely worn wallet and put it in the new one for me... asked for my signature on the exchange slip and wished me a nice afternoon as I walked out with my brand new $94 wallet. That was summer of 1998, and I have used that same wallet every day since. It's still in fine shape despite some serious abuse and dozens of accidental post-night-at-the-pub "episodes" that somehow include a fully clothed dip or wrestling match in a fountain/lake/ocean/random body of water with wallet in pocket. (What can I say... throwing people in water is always funny even if they typically retaliate.) Every time it turns the money in my wallet black, but the wallet dries and it's still in good shape.

My daily wardrobe consists of one of my three pairs of jeans and the top tshirt on the pile, meaning I'm not much of a brand name kind of guy... but I will never own anything but a coach wallet again because of the customer service and quality of the product. I've essentially had 11 years of use from my grandmother's purchase of one wallet, and it's still going strong.

That's my experience with the brand. When I've been in the stores with a woman, the bags look a little goofy to me... but then again most womens' bags look goofy to me, so who am I to judge. I love the wallets though.

kevin
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement