Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
But I do not believe they IRS even has the forms required designed yet.

It will be either a modification of an existing energy credit form or a new form, probably the former. I wouldn't expect to see even a draft before September.

At this point just make sure you have documentation of the purchase and the fact that it qualifies for the credit. This you should be able to get from the seller.

There will be plenty of time later to figure out how to get it onto the form.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.