Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
But, is there ANY options available to someone like me to be able to do this?

Assuming that you want to keep your current job, it depends on whether your plan allows 'in-service rollovers'. Very few plans do, unless you are over 59 1/2.

Your other option is to quit your job, making your current 401(k) a 'former employer 401(k)'.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.