Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MoeBruin Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49594  
Subject: Re: Tinker Bell value Date: 4/21/2014 12:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
but I've never been a fan of the direct-to-video releases. If they were any good they'd be in theaters.

Everything serves its purpose and direct-to-video when done correctly makes money and is better then doing just a TV movie.

Particularly in a case like this when the target audience is children or teenagers. This audience doesn't demand theater quality and their parents will buy videos because the videos will be watched over and over and over again.

Yes not too many direct to video movies are targeted to adults because an adult is a much harder audience and very few direct to video movies have every been successful when the target audience is adults.

So Fuskie, I am glad Disney is doing direct to video and I am glad they aren't making movies that you would be a fan of because that would be the wrong audience.

Moe
- Who is happy my son's favorite pitcher has now joined the Braves (who practice at Disney and if memeory is correct is Fuskie's favorite baseball team) and is ripping.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement