Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95924  
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/22/2012 1:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
But my original post was more of a comment about possible lack of respect for me as a poster, which I am getting better at recognizing on this board although I am still not all the way there yet. :-)

--Rod

Hey Rod, as an imaginary internet poster, here's my 4 to 6 cents. Respect, humor, kidding around comes and goes on this board. This board is just a bunch of guys (and a few gals) who just get on here to have some fun and discuss footbal...is there some trash talking?? Of course. Most of it is just joking around. Does some of it go too far sometimes? Of course.

But based on what I have read in the past....and I hope I'm not stepping in too deep here....is that when there is a bit of joking or disrespect, you seem to be very offended or affected by it personally. You obviously like the game, like to discuss it, and come across as a reasonably intelligent person.

But you can NOT take it personally....the jokes...the ribbing. No one here knows you. No one here would initially target you. But of course, over time, once you develop a history of "complaining" then there's a mark.

My advice....take it easy. No one here is "targeting you". When someone takes a joking shot at you....you shoot back, nicely. In fun. But for God's sake, don't write some long, sanctimonious post complaining about the "lack of maturity" or "respect" or whatever on this board. It's par for the course. It's a bunch of guys...

Roll with it...have fun. Just don't complain and whine.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement