UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 68624  
Subject: Re: Hey Dawg Date: 10/3/2012 9:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
But sometimes in the midst of divisive politics, people say things that if they just sat back a moment, would realize that loss of American lives regardless of which political party was at the helm, is a tragic event.

On this we agree, our differences I fear, is at least judging by your response to this event, you seem to believe that throwing more troops at every potential problem is some magical cure and at the same time discount or don't appreciate the increased threat that those very same troops might engender. You also seem to me to have a rather optimistic view on our ability to assess and react to any and all potential threats.

So tell me, what is the right number of troops that we should have at each consulate or embassy around the world. A squad? Platoon? What is it.Should all of our consulates and embassies be guarded in such a manner that it can withstand a sophisticated attack involving rockets or mortars? Arm chair quarterbacking is easy, the real world, not so much.

Finally, on what did or didn't happen before and after this event. I doubt very much if the various government agencies have a clear understanding yet. I am 100% certain that I don't and have any reason to believe that you know anymore on the subject than I do.

What we do know, because it happens all of the time, is the news media in order to get a scoop on the competition will rush to report "facts" that often end up being erroneous or from questionable sources, with sometimes questionable motives or hidden agendas. We also know that politicians from both sides of the aisle will attempt to seize any perceived advantage without any regard for the truth or what impact it might have on others.(Including family members of the victims.)

You are correct to point out it's a tragedy but for the sake of the family's involved and the for the safety of the people who continue to serve this should be handled in a thorough professional and non-partisan manner and then we can let the chips fall where they may.

Can you honestly say that if Bush were president, there wouldn't be an absolute media blitz on this matter???

Yes I can honestly say that, if you are referring to you usual mainstream media bias BS. I've already acknowledged and stated it would be every bit as contemptible behavior in that case and no I'm under no illusion that Democrats (some) wouldn't do the same thing. The question however isn't what they do but rather what we choose to do. I know what I would do and unfortunately IMO you have made a decision to approach in a very different manner than I would.

BTW, what happened to your original post?

Who knows? As I'm sure you are aware the Fool sends a form email and doesn't feel an obligation to explain there decision.

I do know it cleared the profanity filter.

I do know I didn't call anyone any names,

So I can only speculate that some right winger took offense at my attempt at satire and the Fool sensor was either lazy and/or a right winger him/herself.

Kind of ironic considering all of the right wing delusional claptrap that people post on a regular basis and try to pass off as fact.

Watch gonna do. :<)

Debate time!

B
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement