UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (69) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960844  
Subject: Re: Faith and Magic Date: 12/8/2012 11:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3

But there are some atheists, and some religious folks too... who just cannot stand the thought of anyone thinking differently than they do.

As you and Angel May have proven in this thread.

I have not tried to convert you. I have not questioned your atheism.

But for some reason, you and Angel May view people of faith as affronts to decency and logic. Both of you have insulted and patronized me.

I believe it was YOU who gave two options in your post. Neither of them had anything to do with reality. I merely mentioned a third option. Then *I* was told that I didn't know what I was talking about and was, generally, attacked.

I have no desire to convert you, either. But I do object to having things put into terms that only the religious can profit from. I do not need a god in order to face the world around me. I stand on my own feet - as well as I can. I depend on myself and my brain. I see the world for what it is. Not for what I wish it were.

I'm told that God is a "fact" yet am offered not a single shred of proof. Fine. I don't care. I'm not convinced.

Continue to attack me if you like. I remain an Atheist. I pay my taxes. I vote. I breathe. And most importantly, I think.

I'm sorry if you feel you have been insulted simply because I present a third option to life and living. However, I'm afraid you will have to get over it.

AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (69) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement