UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308367  
Subject: Re: OT: Decisions, decisions Date: 5/25/2001 10:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
But where will you be in ten years if you don't do it?

Oh, I know this one! There's never been any doubt of me continueing with school, I've alway known I would. But in what direction?

This was a deciding point for me when I was going back to school. When I got out of high school, I said - if I go to college, I'll have to go part time and I'll be 30 before I'm through.

LOL. I joined the military, thinking I could go to school while I was in. I took a few classes, but most of the time it was too difficult with work schedules and being moved every couple of years.

And besides, some wonderful man is going to come along and support me for the rest of my life.

ROFL!! This isn't something I've every CONSIOUSLY thought, but I think I've been working on that premise subconsiously, until recently. Now I'm in a panic. I can't keep living the way we are, barely making ends meet. There's no man on the horizon for me, and at this stage of my life, I don't think I even want one.

If what you want is an engineering degree, I think you should go for it, even if it does take ten years. If business is what you want then go for that. I always thought that my BS in Management was appropriate - since so much of management seems to be BS.

At this point, I don't even KNOW what I want. There isn't anything stopping me from returning to school after my daughter is grown and out of the house to pursue something I WANT. But I need something that will support us NOW and let me buy a house and settle down and all those things. Does that make sense?

Ishtar

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement