UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ravvt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58791  
Subject: Re: That radical rag The Financial Times ... Date: 8/20/2012 11:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
But you're saying the budget resolutions don't have anything at all to do with the House Budget Committee or Paul Ryan. You're saying they are supposed to originate with Nancy Pelosi who isn't on the House Budget Committee, and isn't even Speaker anymore.

… you make a very astute observation, i.e. that Nancy Pelosi is (thankfully) no longer the Speaker of the House ... but she is the Minority leader. In that capacity she could influence, cajole, or direct a Democrat member of the House Budget Committee to propose the Obama plan as the Democrat alternative to whatever plan the Republicans put forward.

I’m sure the House Republican leadership and Speaker would gladly allow the Democrat alternative to be debated and voted upon …

As for the Senate, Harry Reid is in total control of the voting calendar of that body and there should be no reason that a budget plan, crafted by the best minds of the West Wing and the Democrat caucus of the Senate, couldn’t be forged to contain all of elements of the Obama plan. Once that budget resolution was ready, ole Harry could schedule a vote ... anytime.

… but I don’t think the Democrats in either body want that vote. What other reason is there to explain the lack of ANY Democrat budget resolution voted by the either house since 2009?

The Democrats don’t want the public to know that they can’t propose a budget without trillion $ deficits for as far as the eye can see and they certainly don’t want a recorded vote on such a budget proposal hanging around their necks on election day…

... the lack of a Democrat budget resolution is totally owned by the by the Democrats and their leadership and all of your whining about Paul Ryan has nothing to do with it...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement