UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mdorsey One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35357  
Subject: Buy Bonds? Date: 2/11/2000 9:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
From the lack of interest on this thread it appears to be a great time to buy Bonds. (Buy low, sell high)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 482 of 35357
Subject: Re: Buy Bonds? Date: 2/11/2000 10:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
>> From the lack of interest on this thread it appears to be a great time to buy Bonds. (Buy low, sell high) <<

A depressed price has little to do with a lack of interest on the board. Look at the Berkshire Hathaway board for a counterexample.

Tim

Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 483 of 35357
Subject: Re: Buy Bonds? Date: 2/12/2000 4:26 PM
The best time to buy bonds is when interest rates are at their peak. Is that now?

The second best time is when you are convinced all other investments will do worse. When is that?

The bond board started in Fooldom only last year. Bonds are not exactly Foolish investments. Bond information is not really jazzy. Its pretty static. Once you know the basics, questions probably subside.

I am not unhappy with the progress made here. We're here when people need info. People seem to be able to find this board when they want to. We seen to have a steady following. No complaints.

Most people find bonds pretty boring. But thats the idea. Some people do not like excitement in their investments.

Feel free to join in the discussion if you would like to make the bond board more exciting.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement